Feeling disgruntled

Options

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, weight 16 and a half stone ( 232lb) and I'm only 4ft.11in. So you can imagine what I look like. I've had enough of being fat.

I understand!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, weight 16 and a half stone ( 232lb) and I'm only 4ft.11in. So you can imagine what I look like. I've had enough of being fat.

I hear ya! But you do need to give it more than a week before considering surgery. It's a lifestyle change and you have to find what works for you so that you can stick with it and see results.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    At 232 I'm pretty sure 1400 calories is way low as well. I will see if I can find any good resources. There are plenty in the health sections and probably not a bad idea to post there also. Not many will take this serious in the chit-chat section

Whatever this website, advised her to consume; should be enough.
  • tcay584
    tcay584 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    With all that exercise, you could be hanging onto some water in your muscles as they try and mend from the unexpected use. Using muscles you don't normally use can cause them to be sore and puff up a bit. Give it another week and maybe ease up on how much you are exercising. I always gain/hold on to some water weight after starting an exercise program.
  • Luvlybubly
    Luvlybubly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You eat less than 1200 calories a day?

Yes. For the past week, I'd say approx, 800 calories tbh

Unless someone is well over 500 pounds, 800 calories; isn't enough & especially when exercising.

I will eat more this week. I guess I just have to get the balance right.
    Thank you
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    tcay584 wrote: »
    With all that exercise, you could be hanging onto some water in your muscles as they try and mend from the unexpected use. Using muscles you don't normally use can cause them to be sore and puff up a bit. Give it another week and maybe ease up on how much you are exercising. I always gain/hold on to some water weight after starting an exercise program.

I usually only drink about 1 glass of water a day, unless I'm really thirsty. I've always been like that.
    I know I should be drinking more.
    So this week I'll try and drink more.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    At 232 I'm pretty sure 1400 calories is way low as well. I will see if I can find any good resources. There are plenty in the health sections and probably not a bad idea to post there also. Not many will take this serious in the chit-chat section

Thanks again
  • Luvlybubly
    Options

Yep I stand corrected, just did a BMR on her with what she provided and if she is sedentary 1500 is recommended. So definitely could be. Just seemed a little bit low.

What's a BMR. And how do you know if I sedentary or not?
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

Yep I stand corrected, just did a BMR on her with what she provided and if she is sedentary 1500 is recommended. So definitely could be. Just seemed a little bit low.

BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate. Besides exercise, are you physically active in any other way? Do you sit, stand, walk, lift heavy objects regularly throughout the day; for work or while doing chores, if you're a stay at home Mother?
  • Luvlybubly
    Options

Thank you. I have just changed my calorie goal to 1,500.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Your body is confused and is holding on to reserves.

No metabolism, just lowers. Sort of like driving a vehicle, without the heat or air conditioning on; it uses less fuel to get you to your destination but it's still using fuel.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options

BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate. Besides exercise, are you physically active in any other way? Do you sit, stand, walk, lift heavy objects regularly throughout the day; for work or while doing chores, if you're a stay at home Mother?

Up until last week, I was extremely sedentary. Because it's very difficult for me to walk, because of my back problem. So the only time I leave the house is to go shopping with my b/f. But this week I have really pushed myself in exercise, which has in fact really helped to ease the pain in my back.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Up until last week, I was extremely sedentary. Because it's very difficult for me to walk, because of my back problem. So the only time I leave the house is to go shopping with my b/f. But this week I have really pushed myself in exercise, which has in fact really helped to ease the pain in my back.

Since it's just exercise, I'd choose the lowest level of activity but remember that doesn't include exercise calories, that you've earned. So to lose healthfully, consume at least half of them; along with what this website advises you to.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support and advice. And even researching for me.
    This week I will go for the 1,500 calories, drink plenty of water, and obviously continue with my exercises.
    Should I do more than 8000 steps per day? If so, how much?
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support and advice. And even researching for me.
    This week I will go for the 1,500 calories, drink plenty of water, and obviously continue with my exercises.
    Should I do more than 8000 steps per day? If so, how much?

You're very much welcome, just do whatever is sustainable; long term. Don't overdo anything because that could result, in an injury; which'd then defeat the purpose.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    Your body is confused and is holding on to reserves.

No metabolism, just lowers. Sort of like driving a vehicle, without the heat or air conditioning on; it uses less fuel to get you to your destination but it's still using fuel.[/quote

As for metabolism. I take medication, as my thyroid is underactive.
    As well as having to take other Medes for it her reasons
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options

No metabolism, just lowers. Sort of like driving a vehicle, without the heat or air conditioning on; it uses less fuel to get you to your destination but it's still using fuel.[/quote]

I like this analogy.