Weekly vs daily recommended intake?

kateowp
kateowp Posts: 103 Member
My vitamin/mineral intake varies greatly day to day but in a week I average out pretty well. Is this enough for good nutrition or do I need to focus more on meeting my daily mark?
tmgfegm6b5pi.png

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Good question... my understanding is that for micros, daily is more important to meet, but am open to hearing otherwise. Unlike calories, which you can workout over time, day or week.
  • kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    Thanks Erickrb. My gut told me that (and the fact that it is referred to as DAILY recommend intake) but I was hoping anyway...
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Just a note that many of the entries on MFP are incomplete when it comes to the micros, so even if you are logging accurately, you may not actually be that uneven across the week. :)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,999 Member
    I don't worry about the day to day. Week to week is just fine...
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Week to week is fine. We evolved when the next meal wasn't a guarantee, so we have stores within the body.

Fat soluble vitamins (such as vitamin A) are stored in the bodies fatty tissues. Even the water soluble vitamins such as vitamin C, where the excesses are readily excreted in the urine, have storage and reuse within the body. It takes months of no vitamin C to develop scurvy.