Wanting to lose 100 lbs...need accountability

Options
Hello!

I have been using myfitnesspal on and off for a few years now. I will lose 10-20 pounds and then gain it back (and a few extra pounds). I really need some friends to help keep me accountable. I had a really good friend who was going through this with me but she has hit her goal weight and does not use myfitnesspal anymore. I would love to find some people who are going through the same struggles as I am and maybe we can keep each other on track!

Starting weight - 238.8 (this is also my highest weight)
Goal weight - 138.8
Age - 29
Height - 5'7"

Replies

• parmoute
    parmoute Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello! Your starting stats are almost *exactly* what mine were a year ago, and in that year I've lost just over 50 pounds. Feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends and I check in several times a day.

Good luck!

April
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 100+ to lose; my ticker is a goal weight.
    I'm like you. I started MFP a few years ago at my highest-310. I never seem to stick with it for more than a few weeks.
    I'm on 30 or 31 days now and plan on going for another 300 or so! :)
    I'm down 30 lbs., from my highest. I have lost 5lbs. in those 30 days--I'll take it!
  • the4rascals
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat, need to lose a bunch of weight and need accountability. I read your profile and we have a lot in common. My hubs also needs to lose some weight (not as much as me, about 40) and my 10 year old son is about 15 lbs overweight. I feel like I'm setting a terrible example for him and want us all to get in shape. Please feel free to add me. I would love to have someone to check in with every day to help keep me honest, and would like to help someone else do that, too!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hello--I'm part of a thread that's been going strong for a few years now--very supportive, motivating people. Check it out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1022766-need-to-lose-100-lbs-robins-thread
  • racbergs
    racbergs Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi, our stats are pretty similar.

Starting weight - 242
    Current weight - 216
    Goal weight - 140
    Age - 26
    Height - 5'6

I've been "off the wagon" since December :/ I was down to 195. Could use some more friends who are going through the same struggles I am :) Feel free to add me.
  • coolturtlepie
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking for accountability too! Add me if you're interested :)

Start: 225
    Goal: 135
    Height: 5'6"
  • alita4_50
    alita4_50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too am looking for accountability, support and motivation. Like several of you have posted I usually diet but only last a few weeks maybe a month then start to cheat and before i know im back to my old bad habits and the weight slowly starts to come back! I just had my 2nd baby and am at the heaviest i have ever been im 5'4" and 204lbs. I feel terrible :( Im ready to start my journey but dont want it to be like every other time that i have failed! So...feel free to add me as well i need a buddy!
  • peggymdellinger
    peggymdellinger Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just started a few weeks ago and looking to lose 100 lbs as well... down 12 total so far in the last 5 weeks. Add me! :)
  • CoachLizWise
    Options
    Hi! I started at 323lbs March 2012 and I am now down to 218lbs. You can do it! If you'd like to email me I would love to help you with adding you to a fitness group on facebook. It's a nice tool to keep motivated along your journey!! My email is elizabethmathews91@yahoo.com

Good luck!! :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hi!

if you don't mind befriending an "older" lady (I'm in my 50s) then feel free to add me.

My starting weight was 233, and i've been here about 50 days and going strong.

My goal is 130-140, maybe more maybe less, I'll figure it out when I get there. For now my mini goals are to get to onederland and to feel comfortable wearing a sleeveless top.
  • alicial78
    alicial78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HI, I had started in April with a boot-camp and in about a month and a half I had lost 10lbs, but over 10inches off my waist muffin top and hips, then it happened. I got lazy and totally fell off track. Well, I'm back on it now and trying to stay excited. I love the way I felt when going regularly and need it again. I'm glad to say I only gained about 1/2 of it back in my gravy bliss, so it's not a complete loss, but I need focus. I'm 5'6" and 308lbs, I guess I'd like to loose about 100lbs, at my healthiest ever which included 7 days/wk workouts and food journal for 3 yrs 200 is about where I evened out. I think my real goal is to not have a muffin top, and have things be tighter than they are.
  • kaykaylyn
    kaykaylyn Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too. Joined in July and was just looking for a group to join and this really sounds right for me. Would love If everyone here sent me a friend request! Would like to add my ticker, but don't know how.

SW. 252
    CW. 248.4
    GW. 170. LONG TERM
    GW. 242. SHORT TERM
  • jenniferohara8488
    jenniferohara8488 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I first started MFP about 3 years ago and it has been on and off and then I just looked at myself and said no more. Its a hard thing especially with a lot to lose. My heaviest was 250 but I am 240 and my goal is 130. You can add me, the more support there is the better the journey will be.
  • frances_bacon
    frances_bacon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'd like to join you all too, I have to lose 47kg/110 pounds (I actually put on some weight since I first signed up to MFP, back on track now, only 1.7kg above my starting weight) and would appreciate having a support network of people with similar goals. I'm better at motivating others than I am at motivating myself, but I feel that if I don't do this, I'm sentencing myself to a lifetime of unnecessary discomfort and unhappiness, not to mention putting a limit on what I can do physically. I've already missed out on so much, I don't want to miss out on any more.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    EDIT
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm looking to lose a minimum of 100 pounds. Have only been on MFP for a week but have been logging daily. I joined the 30 day before and after challenge for an extra push. Love the accountability of having friends and I am a really good supporter. Any looking for a little support I'd love the add!
  • Ananti
    Ananti Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Start (Jan 2013): 320+ ??
    Current: 295
    Goal: 180 LT
    ST 280 in 30 days.
    Height: 6'0"

Would love to have some friends for accountability and motivation. Feel free to add me. :)
  • kaykaylyn
    kaykaylyn Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I have been using myfitnesspal on and off for a few years now. I will lose 10-20 pounds and then gain it back (and a few extra pounds). I really need some friends to help keep me accountable. I had a really good friend who was going through this with me but she has hit her goal weight and does not use myfitnesspal anymore. I would love to find some people who are going through the same struggles as I am and maybe we can keep each other on track!

Starting weight - 238.8 (this is also my highest weight)
    Goal weight - 138.8
    Age - 29
    Height - 5'7"
    So how are we gonna do this, weigh-ins, food, both, more?
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 258, and I've only been doing this for a few weeks but it's going ok so far - although I've already noticed some days are harder than others. Today I was shopping and saw a drink that looked interesting, but quickly put it back when I realised it was 100+ calories for 500ml!
  • fbiwoman223
    Options
    Hello! I am on a similar journey, and I have found this community to be very supportive. Feel free to add me if you like! I've only been using MFP for a couple of weeks, but I have been getting healthy since November. A friend recommended this site to me and I've been hooked ever since! :)

Starting Weight: 264.7

Current: 203.4

Goal: 150

Height: 5' 5"

Good luck in your weight loss journey!!