Admit it

Options
Who is guilty of weighing themselves throughout the day?????

Replies

• VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 4 or 5 times a week, but only first thing in the morning before breakfast. It's useless to weigh myself at any other time because I'll also be weighing whatever I've had to eat and drink that day.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    once a month to amend my calories and re-work my macros.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Not I, not until someone invents shoes that constantly weigh the wearer and updates mfp 10,000 times a second.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Not me. Bodyfat doesn't change more than a few ounces per day, so i don't see the point. :+1:
  • minime0424
    minime0424 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I can say I have been guilty of weighing myself several times a day :s
  • MiMi_5151
    MiMi_5151 Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm MiMi and I am a scale-o-holic. I weigh myself any chance I get. However, I am only doing it because I'm curious about the effect my clothes, beverage, meal, shoes, 45-min walk in the Texas heat, etc have on my weight. I do not obsess over the expected fluctuations. I only record my early morning weight on Mondays.
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I can usually keep it to an only somewhat mad level of once per day, but I have been known to weigh myself before bed, in order to anticipate what my morning weigh will look like.......but let's be honest, it is really unnecessary and likely counter productive. Shall we cut it out and weight once a week? We'll do it together. :)
  • minime0424
    Options
    Lol lol I love it!! Glad to know I'm not the only one who falls victim to the scale once in while, for monitoring purposes lol lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nope. I use libra so I weigh pretty much every day, but not multiple times per day.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    once a day, after my workout and before I shower.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Only a few times 2 years ago just to see my fluctuations throughout the day. I weight first thing every morning. There is no value to multiple weighings during the day and can be detrimental to your motivation.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Not anymore, but while I was losing? Sure. I learned a ton.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope. Don't see the point of it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'll do it out of curiosity, precisely because I know that weight fluctuates and it interests me. Weighing before and after a workout can give you a really clear picture of how much you lose through sweat etc.

I found that by randomly weighing myself throughout the day, I grew more educated about fluctuations, and stopped worrying when my weight was doing something which didn't seem logical.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'll do it out of curiosity, precisely because I know that weight fluctuates and it interests me. Weighing before and after a workout can give you a really clear picture of how much you lose through sweat etc.

I found that by randomly weighing myself throughout the day, I grew more educated about fluctuations, and stopped worrying when my weight was doing something which didn't seem logical.

This.
    It fascinates me what affects it.
    I know that I weigh more after a backshift, even if I slept the same amount of time as a regular night.
    ccrdragon wrote: »

I have weighed before and after shower. Sometimes I weigh less after which has perplexed me.
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Only a few times 2 years ago just to see my fluctuations throughout the day. I weight first thing every morning. There is no value to multiple weighings during the day and can be detrimental to your motivation.

@lorrpb Not necessarily. A lot of people weigh before and after exercising to understand sweat rate. Understanding your sweat rate can help you plan nutrition/hydration for longer distance races.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Nope. Once a day, first thing in the morning, naked and after going to the bathroom. My wifi scale sends it to Trendweight for logging and that's it. I don't step on the scale again until the next morning because I know the rest of the day will be an up/down rollercoaster of fluctuations which are completely irrelevant and not even worth looking at.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

This.
    It fascinates me what affects it.
    I know that I weigh more after a backshift, even if I slept the same amount of time as a regular night.
    ccrdragon wrote: »

I have weighed before and after shower. Sometimes I weigh less after which has perplexed me.
    lorrpb wrote: »

@lorrpb Not necessarily. A lot of people weigh before and after exercising to understand sweat rate. Understanding your sweat rate can help you plan nutrition/hydration for longer distance races.

Of course. I thought it was fairly cleAr I was referring to random weighing throughout the day.
  • minime0424
    Options
    Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has been guilty of weighing in more then once a day, it has helped me to gain a lot of knowledge in regards to what a normal flactuation is for me!! ;)
  • KiwiLifter
    KiwiLifter Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Only while I'm cutting.