How do you cope with the way the world is?

Options
13»

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    How do you personally cope with the utterly tragic, disgusting, horrifying things that humans do to each other, to animals and to the planet?

I'd like to say I just don't read or watch News but I do, I must and it's deeply depressing. I don't know that I cope at all. I often just cry.

Free will is the gift and curse of humanity and people abuse it putting personal gain over sacrifice for others, however In my heart I believe there is way more good in the world than bad. Media seriously distorts our perceived balance and I don't ever watch news, or popular TV shows, and anything of the like. I have sworn off Facebook and the ilk until politics can be put away. I try to focus on the positives and try to accept all the things I cannot change around me.

While alcohol and kinky sex is always good, perspective feeds the soul and not just occupies the body.

Seriously...still up for alcohol and kinky sex.

I'm in for alcohol

But really there's always good and bad...just be good. There'll always be bad but you can only control you so be good
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Being kind to everyone I encounter. Its not hard, smiles or say hi, thank-yous, please, how are you?, have a good day, wait a extra few seconds to hold the door to the person coming up behind me at the store. Even if I am in a *kitten* mood, I find it brings my energy up. I am especially nice to those who clearly hate their job and having a bad day, or seem to be struggling.
    Meditation helps with stress.
    Remember at the end of Ghostbusters when the clock strikes 12am on New Years, everyone starts singing and it helps defeat the bad guy? Its all about energy...positive energy.
    Deep answer for a deep question.
    I save alcohol and Xanax for really bad days.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    How do you personally cope with the utterly tragic, disgusting, horrifying things that humans do to each other, to animals and to the planet?

I'd like to say I just don't read or watch News but I do, I must and it's deeply depressing. I don't know that I cope at all. I often just cry.

c5eab0qtbbbo.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I don't drink alcohol or use any drugs. I try not to stress myself too much. By being educated, but not overwhelmed. I try my best to be a good person and never to cause harm to anyone. I made that choice when I was five. I help others when I can in the ways that I am able. I do volunteer work since age 23. I give to well researched charities. It's not going to solve anything. But, at least I am doing something and not adding to it. And I take care of myself, my well being, and happiness because it doesn't help anyone to become overwhelmed. But, when people speak, I listen. I hear them. And if I can help in any way, I do what I can. I have been through a lot, so I use what I learned to help others. And I never say things like "everything happens for a reason".
  • missourinurse
    missourinurse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There is a Good News Network. You can be excited. It is the Good News about God's Kingdom.
    There are full feature movies, programs for teens, children's, families. All to help you out cope with these distressing times we live in so so don't have to rely on drugs, alcohol, or kinky sex to cope. Enjoy Alice..& Shells918...........( and any others that want)

https://tv.jw.org

And it is "FREE"and in over 800 languages with more in the making in fulfillment of the invitation at Rev. 22:17

https://www.jw.org/finder?docid=2013003&wtlocale=E&srcid=share
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Consider myself lucky for not being born at a worse time period.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    This helps
    d946db8ac4fbcf1df7158f7a8bc77806.jpg