I NEED Dessert!

Options
124»

Replies

• MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The little Greek yogurts that have stuff you can mix in do the trick for me. That's probably why I eat yogurt all day. I am currently enjoying a Dannon light and fit caramel fudge pretzel crunch for 130 cals (and 11g protein).
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,405 Member
    Options
    all this talk about dessert made me want one so i had some frozen yogurt
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Depends how many calories I have available, but my go-to sweet treats are the 40-cal Fudgsicles others have mentioned or 35-cal Yoplait Source "dessert selection" yogurts. I'll often have a yogurt with a serving of Cool Whip too, for another 35-cals. I used to have a square or two of dark chocolate (65 cals per square), but I've only had that on rare occasions over the past 2-3 months. I just don't crave it any more! Yogurt or a Fudgsicle, though, I'll generally have at least one per day.

If you really want something sweet then I'd say find something that fits into your allowance and enjoy it, because depriving yourself might make you want to overeat it later. But a cookie after every meal might end up being too many calories, so consider your options and try some alternatives. :) I'd think you don't really want to be using up too many calories out of your day that could be spent on more filling and nutritious foods, but at the same time I agree that sweets can be important for sanity to those of us who like them! :)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate dipped into peanut butter, yummo!!

That brings back memories. I've never been big on sweets (I'd rather have a steak :smile:), but occasionally as a child (oh so many decades ago), mom and I would split a Hershey's bar and pass the jar of peanut butter back and forth. lol
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My favorite treat is greek yogurt with a few goodies... if you are reasonable you can stay under 200 cals.

key lime with a bit of oat and honey granola....tastes like key lime pie
    black cherry with a few mini chocolate chips and almond slivers....black forest
    coconut with a few mini chocolate chips....mounds bar.....add almonds and it's almond joy
    blueberry with a bit of granola and a spritz of whipped cream....blueberry cream pie

• amyjoan1
    amyjoan1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My dessert when I want something sweet is a ripe pear or even banana. Split in half, drizzle maybe tsp of honey and some cinnamon. 400 deg at about 15 min. Really good
  • lizandrashaw
    lizandrashaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just made some watermelon sorbet. 55 calories per serving and so delicious. I'm going to post it in the Recipe Swap group.
  • lizzieloo934
    lizzieloo934 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I find things that are really cold or hot are good as it takes longer to eat them and I seem to savour it more. Hot chocolate, popsicles, ice cream. I also do better with homemade desserts. I will make a half batch of cookies (and make them small) and keep them in the freezer.
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    Options
    I looooove ice cream, so I buy mini ice cream sandwiches (90 cal) or fudge bars (100 cal). I can usually fit those in at the end of the day.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I need a little something sweet after each meal (usually not breakfast though). Does anyone else do this? It can be one cookie and It's like it makes the meal better. I don't cook sweets (usually) because it takes too much time... I barely have enough time to make a healthy meal (I need to start meal prepping). So what I want to know is your favourite sweet treats for when you want to stay on track?

No I don't usually do this at home. It only happens if I'm out socially at someone else's house. Even then I might politely decline the dessert sometimes.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am NOT a sweets person. When my poor children would ask what was for dessert, I said "air".

Hubby DOES like his sweets though. He has a chocolate chip cookie after dinner settles.

I'd think a hard candy sweetened with sorbitol would work well after lunch.

I'd think a chocolate mousse from a package mix would be sweet and light.