Shooting for the big change!

LonelyPilgrim
LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to lose 20-25 lbs. 2 years ago, in the spring, I was down the the mid 120s and felt great. I vividly remember walking out of a supermarket, pushing the cart, the sun shining and my jeans riding low on my hips..

Now those jeans won't even close. Not even CLOSE to closing. sheesh. I've gained 25# in the last 2 years, although honestly I probably only gained about 7 lbs the first year and 18 lbs in the last 12 months. This HAS TO STOP.

I am at a loss as to what to do, exactly. In the past, when I've wanted to lose weight, I just watch what I eat and exercise more. Duh! Well, Ive' been doing just that for the last month and the scale HAS NOT BUDGED! I am getting really discouraged. So, I figured that instead of giving up, or keeping on an ineffective path, I'll get more strict and actually log my food and exercise and see if I'm eating more than I think/burning less calories than I think.

I know I'm getting older, but .. come on. Do 2 years make that much of a difference? I'm only 29! If this continues another month, I'm going to see my doctor and request thyroid testing, as Ive read that can be the culprit of ineffective weight loss in the face of diet/exercise.

I also got a new scale from Amazon.com. Instead of my crummy 8$ one, I splurged for the pretty one that measures body fat etc. I've been doing "core conditioning" classes the last month so I hope I'm building some muscle and that's the reason I'm not shedding the pounds like I had expected.

About me, I'm an ER nurse and the mother of 2 boys (5 and 9 yo). I got divorced last year and blamed some of my weight gain on stress weight and then my new boyfriend moved in and I'm blaming the rest of my weight gain on him! He runs 40+ miles a week and has about 0% visible body fat, yet eats CONSTANTLY and is a CHOCOHOLIC... I think his eating habits wore off on my for the last year and it shows!

I also love wine and I know that is my weakness. I've been told I can lose weight a lot more quickly if I gave it up. but... I really don't want to. I'm comitted to cutting back from 4X a week to 2X a week, red wine with dinner (2 glasses). I m figuring it into my calories and I only allow myself to drink it if I've "been good" with diet and exercise that day.

Oh.. I'm writing way too much!

after all, this is an intro.. Hello everyone! I Look forward to getting/giving support!

Replies

• LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Hi everyone!

I'm looking to lose 20-25 lbs. 2 years ago, in the spring, I was down the the mid 120s and felt great. I vividly remember walking out of a supermarket, pushing the cart, the sun shining and my jeans riding low on my hips..

Now those jeans won't even close. Not even CLOSE to closing. sheesh. I've gained 25# in the last 2 years, although honestly I probably only gained about 7 lbs the first year and 18 lbs in the last 12 months. This HAS TO STOP.

I am at a loss as to what to do, exactly. In the past, when I've wanted to lose weight, I just watch what I eat and exercise more. Duh! Well, Ive' been doing just that for the last month and the scale HAS NOT BUDGED! I am getting really discouraged. So, I figured that instead of giving up, or keeping on an ineffective path, I'll get more strict and actually log my food and exercise and see if I'm eating more than I think/burning less calories than I think.

I know I'm getting older, but .. come on. Do 2 years make that much of a difference? I'm only 29! If this continues another month, I'm going to see my doctor and request thyroid testing, as Ive read that can be the culprit of ineffective weight loss in the face of diet/exercise.

I also got a new scale from Amazon.com. Instead of my crummy 8$ one, I splurged for the pretty one that measures body fat etc. I've been doing "core conditioning" classes the last month so I hope I'm building some muscle and that's the reason I'm not shedding the pounds like I had expected.

About me, I'm an ER nurse and the mother of 2 boys (5 and 9 yo). I got divorced last year and blamed some of my weight gain on stress weight and then my new boyfriend moved in and I'm blaming the rest of my weight gain on him! He runs 40+ miles a week and has about 0% visible body fat, yet eats CONSTANTLY and is a CHOCOHOLIC... I think his eating habits wore off on my for the last year and it shows!

I also love wine and I know that is my weakness. I've been told I can lose weight a lot more quickly if I gave it up. but... I really don't want to. I'm comitted to cutting back from 4X a week to 2X a week, red wine with dinner (2 glasses). I m figuring it into my calories and I only allow myself to drink it if I've "been good" with diet and exercise that day.

Oh.. I'm writing way too much!

after all, this is an intro.. Hello everyone! I Look forward to getting/giving support!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    welcome:flowerforyou:
    j~
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Welcome and good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,323 Member
    Welcome! Red wine is a necessity of life, IMHO.

I only allow myself Cabernet if I have "paid" for it already that day with execise. Sometimes that is the only combination of calories/carbs/fats/proteins that will fit into my leftover calories for the day.

Yeah, that sounds good..................:tongue:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • :flowerforyou: Welcome and Good Luck!
    Hugs and Luck,
    Kelly
This discussion has been closed.