Afraid to step on scale

Options
2»

Replies

• 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. The way your clothes fit will tell you everything you need to know.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    do it first thing in the AM, nude, after using the bathroom. Get it over with. I mean I really do know the feeling.
  • RNZLR44
    RNZLR44 Posts: 574 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Step on the scale. You can't measure what you don't know
  • philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm less worried about the actual number than the fact that I can now see it going down! You can do it.
  • gdelarosa13
    gdelarosa13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Marcellemiles dont be scared, the number on the scale is just a NUMBER. What you should really focus on is on your overall health and how you and your body feel everyday. Waking up and feeling full of energy and ready to make and eat delicious and nutrinional meals is the best thing ever!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    @marcellemiles

Here is a great post by @ninerbuff that you might enjoy.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196160/scale-stress-syndrome/p1

The scale is only one tool in your goals, use it as you see fit.
  • jimb0200
    jimb0200 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    While the scale is just a number it can be quite motivating. You need to know where your at to know where your going. While measurements and bmi are truly better measurements they are not very accurate down the road. Your fat loss will be a lot faster then muscle gain in the beginning (if your even doing weights). My last venture with weight loss I dropped 30lbs just by diet change. I weighed every day only because I like to see my "diet working" nothing better to reinforce the need for a 1500 calorie diet then seeing almost every day a little decline in weight. Even .1lbs difference made me smile. Even a small drop like that adds up. That's 3lbs a month. At .3lbs your at 9lbs a month. Some people don't like the scale because they feel it can be disappointing if your expecting a big drop. A .5lbs drop on a scale, to me, is more motivating then measuring your waist and not seeing it there.

There's my opinion. Good luck with your goals.