Upset with new Surge FitBit

Options
I recently upgraded from my Charge HR to a Surge. I really wanted the Surge so I would have the option of the GPS and the swim option as well as keeping the HR on the wrist. With my charge I found the HR almost always accurate when compared to my Polar Heart Rate monitor. I was very happy with my Charge. After only wearing my Surge for a week I have noticed it has been horrible with the HR during cardio. It will take at least 15-20 minutes to find my accurate HR. Then I have noticed throughout the day it will jump up to 150 and immediately start tracking active minutes when I am just walking. The other day I had over 150 active minutes which I know is not accurate. I have tried tightening it, loosening it, and pushing it up more on my forearm...nothing really works. I am upset because I paid more and I am back to wearing my Charge :( Any advice??

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Maybe you got a defective unit? My surge is pretty accurate for HR, but I know Fitbit's customer service is known to be very helpful with checking on problems (sometimes they can remotely tell something from your account) and replacing devices that have problems.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I would lean to one of two things. 1) Defective unit or 2) due to the fact it's a wider unit if you're are wearing it between your ulna joint and your hand you could be getting a false reading since it's not staying flush. The Charge HR is a much smaller unit so it's possible it was sitting correctly where as your Surge cannot.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should be speaking with Fitbit. I understand you are upset, but no one here can help with this. Frankly as has been stated, this sounds like a defective unit to me. Talk to Fitbit as I hear their customer support is quite good.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I think there is a money back guarantee. If you aren't happy with it, you should return it.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I am going to talk to Fitbit and see what they say and hope that I can get the glitch fixed!