Clean eating/ vegan meals???

Options
Hi! I'm cassie,
I love the concept of clean eating but I'm lactose intolerant and just really dislike meats to be honest. I use quinoa , tofu, vegan plant based protein powders and many other vegetable sources of protein but this makes it hard sometimes to be under the clean eating concepts. Anyone else have vegan clean eating meal plans that work?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,960 Member
    Options
    First, how do you define clean eating? This is not an established concept.

Please note that if you refer to 'processed foods,' you should indicate that if you actually mean 'Ultra Processed' because if not people will correctly point out that anything not yanked directly from the garden has undergone some processing.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,960 Member
    Options
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ember168 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm cassie,
    I love the concept of clean eating but I'm lactose intolerant and just really dislike meats to be honest. I use quinoa , tofu, vegan plant based protein powders and many other vegetable sources of protein but this makes it hard sometimes to be under the clean eating concepts. Anyone else have vegan clean eating meal plans that work?

How is using quinoa, tofu and other vegetables sources going against "clean eating?"...I eat what most people in the real world would consider a cleanish diet and I see nothing wrong with those things.

Also, what's wrong with vegan plant based protein powders? It's processed, but really...BFD. Trying to be 100% "clean" (which has a different definition depending on who you talk to) is unnecessary and likely unsustainable over the long haul.

Just eat a diet consisting largely of whole foods and get balanced nutrition and stop worrying about stupid labels that don't matter.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If "clean eating" guidelines don't work for you, I see no reason to adhere to them. Why not just eat the foods that you enjoy, make you feel good, and help you meet your goals?
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what clean eating is, but I have plenty of vegan recipes if you need ideas.