Parenting + mental health + weightloss !!!

Options
Hey my name is Bec. I'm a single mother of 5y.o and 3y.o girls. And I also have depression and anxiety. So fun times haha.
Kind of let myself go after having kids because I was putting them first and if I did anything for myself I felt really guilty. So put a bunch of weight on. Any ideas for weightloss that would be greatly appreciated.
Im new to all this weightloss stuff. And still learning how to look after myself better. Looking for people in similar situations for friends/support for when times get rough.

Replies

• p0sitiv3_vib3s
    p0sitiv3_vib3s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There is nothing worse than depression and anxiety, and how hard it is to reach out so well done I. I am a mum of 5 was single with 3 untill I met my husband I have been there with depression and anxiety I have conquered depression and kind of have the anxiety under control! Add me if you want to I'm on daily and I have to say all the friends I have on here have been amazing and supportive so don't worry
  • MandTsmommy
    MandTsmommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Bec! Welcome!! I'm relatively new to MFP. I'm Jenn, a mother of 3 (2 girls and 1 boy; 16, 9, and almost 2). Yeah I spaced my kiddos out. Lol. I was a single mom for many years. Still struggling with depression and anxiety too. And now being at my heaviest weight my depression has been harder to control again. I've never been very athletic and still uncomfortable in the gym however I'm slowly learning new exercises, how the gym machines work, and how to make healthier lifestyle changes. Would love to make some mommy friends to share this journey with so please feel free to add me. :) Best of luck with all! You deserve to take care of YOU!