Looking for Working Moms for Weightloss Support

Options
WontBDisappointed
WontBDisappointed Posts: 7 Member
edited August 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I am reaching my goal by January 31, 2017 and would love to support others looking to do the same. Hi All! I'm ready to get these 42 pounds off, get healthier and *live* life to the fullest. I'm looking for likeminded working moms (I'm in my early 50s but my kids are 7 & 9 - got a late start) to help and encouragement with the challenges we face.

Replies

• allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, always nice to have new friends.
  • destinyalexis2016
    destinyalexis2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me! Single Mom and Educator! The struggle is REAL! Just getting started! I could use the connect too!
  • WontBDisappointed
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi Allie, Hi Destiny!!

Thank you for replying! We are going to rock this weight loss/health thing!!! I'm new to MyFitnessPal and am not sure how to create a group. I scrolled back until I found this post. Any suggestions are appreciated!

What are your goals, challenges and do you exercise? If so, what do you do?

I am currently at my HIGHEST weight (not counting pregnancy). I have thyroid issues and am premenopausal - so I'm extra fun to be around!!! Haha. Seriously, despite that, I am making changes in my life/lifestyle and want all of us to "turn the ship" and achieve our goals!

Goal: Go from 190 to 148 by January 31,2017. Only 42 pounds.

Challenge: Giving up wine, limiting fast food and chips (I love salt)

Exercise: I'm not doing anything! I purchased the T25 videos and did it twice, have a new cool beach cruiser type bike, I golf and walk. I've participated in two 5ks but I just walk no running.
  • WontBDisappointed
    Options
    Let's share these areas and then come up with a plan! I need accountability.

I live in Arizona, where are you?

It's going to be a great day!
    Sarah
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I'm 30 (almost 31) with 2 kids (2 & 5). I'm looking to lose 20-30lbs. I work full-time 4 days a week from 6:30am-5pm and I'm also in the Army Reserves (about to take company command so that'll take even MORE of my time every day). It's been a challenge to get exercise in but I've been doing it.
  • nataliepbryant890
    nataliepbryant890 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a working mom of 1 and my husband coaches football so he is hardly at home. The struggle is real! I'd love some support. I'm 31 and would like to lose around 30lbs and get in shape and toned. I hope to get some form of exercise in but for now I want to focus on what I eat. The weight loss WILL come if I can control that. In the past I've added in workouts to lose weight but didn't change much of my eating habits. Of course, I saw only little change.
  • shrcpark
    shrcpark Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me to your group. I am a 40 year old working mother of two preteens that is looking for weigh loss support. I want to lose 27 pounds by my birthday. That is 5.5 months away. I lost 34 pounds and took a year off from the weigh loss challenge to regroup. I'm ready to commit myself and make a change.
  • bre8199
    bre8199 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm looking for friends in a similar situation as me. 35 year old working mom of 2 kids. I need to loose 100 pounds. I don't really have an end date- but I would like to loose 60 pounds by May 2017.
  • Shellymae813
    Shellymae813 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! Busy mom as well, looking to lose 40-50 lbs!
  • canadian_bakin
    canadian_bakin Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. Single mom of one, 39 yrs old, trying to lose min of 40 lbs
  • savingfatsamira
    savingfatsamira Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 25. I have a 6 year old, and I work full time. I know the struggle. Lol.
  • firstladystreet
    firstladystreet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to have friends to styastay motivated but I have no idea how to add people. Add me

• baf070481
    baf070481 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, would love you to add me too. I'm 35 with a 6yr old and work full time. Would really like to lose around 21lbs but need inspiration and help to stay on track. I haven't figured this out yet so have no idea how to add/find friends on here....so anyone reading this please feel free to add me!
  • somni5775
    somni5775 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new on here too. I'm a 40 yr old single mom of 2 (ages 9 &11) and work full time as well. I've never used anything like this before, but hoping that meeting some new people in a similar situation will help keep me motivated. Plan to lose ~40 lbs. I gave up coffee and soda over a yr ago, and sweet tea (my vice) several months ago. Working on getting the rest of my diet in line and have started exercising again. Any of you are welcome to add me as well.
  • donahue257
    donahue257 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me too I am a 46 year old mother of 2 daughters 10 and 13, would love to connect with people to help reach my fitness goal 42 lbs to go
  • TiAnV
    TiAnV Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all! You can add me as well. :wink: I am a 32 year old full-time working Master's student and mother of a three year-old. I barely have time to breathe let alone work out and lose weight. But I'm doing it! 15 pounds down and 85 more to go! I've never been so motivated before and I'm actually shocked at how well I'm rocking this. I get up at 5am every morning and work out 6 days a week. I'd love to connect and get some motivation and inspiration from other ladies. :smile:
  • sjohnson923
    sjohnson923 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 36, 4 kids (16,9,5,3) also working. My weight loss goal is 50lbs. I have currently lost 7 pounds. I would also love to connect with other people.
  • Xanya
    Xanya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    feel free to add me. Working single mom of a 6 year old little girl. My total weight loss goal is 52 lbs, but I am starting with a 30 lbs.
    Currently lost 5 lbs since I started again!

Cheers
  • Ashlay_Laurel
    Ashlay_Laurel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me! I am also looking to lose 40lbs sooner than later! I have a 6 yr old son and it is time for me to stop making excuses.
  • zimazoom
    zimazoom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am reaching my goal by January 31, 2017 and would love to support others looking to do the same. Hi All! I'm ready to get these 42 pounds off, get healthier and *live* life to the fullest. I'm looking for likeminded working moms (I'm in my early 50s but my kids are 7 & 9 - got a late start) to help and encouragement with the challenges we face.

Feel free to add me too! I understand and could also use the support.
    Lisa