Feet, 1 ham, other calf HURT ALL THE TIME

Options
DamienHoward
DamienHoward Posts: 6 Member
edited August 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay, PT has suggested plantar fasciitis in both feet. They hurt most of the time. Started working legs this month and I'm having deep and reoccurring pain in a calf and the opposite hamstring. I've been doing a lot of stretching and targeted foam work and I can't shake these pains. For the feet and legs, I was getting PT and it didn't really help. I went to two separate places. I finally went to the foot doctor and the insoles he gave me hurt when I wear them. I think this all connects to tension I feel sometimes above my hips too.

Starting to experience results from watching my eating and working out, but the consistent leg pain drains me. I'm typically a high energy person, but this consistent pain makes me feel weighed down...

I think a part of the recent lingering pain in calf and ham is from reintroducing weight lifting...its just that the pain never goes away...feels like a typical strain from a workout but it never fully leaves and often intensifies all over again.

Any substantive support from the community could be life changing for me.

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    go back to PT.
    with insoles or orthotics there should be a gradual introduction and you build up wearing time.
    or go back to the dr. who gave you the insoles.
    Do the foot exercises the PT gave you for plantar fascititis.
  • DamienHoward
    DamienHoward Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vitamins have helped with leg soreness...will soon get back to stretches for foot and work in PT visits
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I tried a foot "doctor" back when I was heavier than I am now. They gave me shoe inserts for "flat feet" likely because the fat goggles told them to. I had the opposite problem, which probably explained why they were unwearable. Find the shoe store in town that active people of size get their needs met at, and get a decent pair there.