Biotin Supplements

Options
Can anyone recommend a good Biotin supplement? Also have you found them useful with regards to metabolism boosting and healthier looking nails, skin & hair??

Replies

• yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I take Natrol brand 10,000 mcg Maximum Strength. I order them from Amazon. We have noticed a dramatic difference in the thickness of our hair and the strength and length of our nails. I don't know anything about metabolism boosting.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC store brand. Metabolism boosting - no. The best way to boost your metabolism is to exercise. My hair and nails are stronger now that I take the biotin.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You can get it naturally in nuts.
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    "You can get it naturally in nuts. "

Any nut in particular? I did not know this...Interesting...I love nuts...lol
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Almonds, walnuts, peanuts.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I tried Biotin awhile back. I bought it at Costco. I did not really notice much of an improvement in my nails over a six month period and that was really why I was taking it. My nails are naturally very thin, but not brittle, and I was hoping they'd get stronger. Instead, I started having terrible acne after a few months, which was already a problem for me in my mid-40s. I stopped taking the Biotin and it took a few weeks for the acne to settle back down to reasonable levels. I won't ever take it again. :smile:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I tried Biotin awhile back. I bought it at Costco. I did not really notice much of an improvement in my nails over a six month period and that was really why I was taking it. My nails are naturally very thin, but not brittle, and I was hoping they'd get stronger. Instead, I started having terrible acne after a few months, which was already a problem for me in my mid-40s. I stopped taking the Biotin and it took a few weeks for the acne to settle back down to reasonable levels. I won't ever take it again. :smile:

I have heard from many people about this happening. It's a side effect for some people.