What do I do now?

Hi all.

I made a thread about 4 months ago about wanting to lose weight and such.
Back then I was around 245lbs and as of today I'm at 179-180lbs.

In terms of clothes and fit, I've changed from wearing 38" Jeans to finding a old pair of 33" Jeans pretty loose so I'm not too sure on how jeans work.

I've mainly been purchasing Athletic clothes since I'm still in the summer holiday period of my University studies.
I generally wear Nike Clothes - everything sized medium.

In terms of measurements my chest is about 38", Waist is 30-31 ish.

Im slightly confused to what to do now.
I feel like my arms, belly and thigh are relatively flabby, but whenever I see my friends they all tell me that I look skinny.

Is this caused by loose skin because I lost quite a bit of weight in a relatively short period of time?
Also I intended to lose more weight, hitting a goal of 170lbs, but is that realistic?

Replies

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    if you're a male at that weight, get into the gym and start doing weights
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    That is quite a bit of weight loss in a short time, and so your body may still be trying to adjust to the change.

But give your friends some credit. You've probably thought of yourself as fat for a while and so you may not be the best at seeing yourself objectively.
  • a45cal
    a45cal Posts: 85 Member
    I agree with the above posters. That's a lot of weight loss in a short time, so you might have some loose skin as a side effect. That might tighten up some on its own over time, but if you're looking to help it along you could do that best by lifting weights and building muscle.

As for how jeans work, men's ones are pretty straightforward. They tend to come with two measurements: the waist, and leg length. If your waist is between 30 and 31 inches, that's the range that'll probably fit you best right now.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    if you're a male at that weight, get into the gym and start doing weights

This.
    That is quite a bit of weight loss in a short time, and so your body may still be trying to adjust to the change.

But give your friends some credit. You've probably thought of yourself as fat for a while and so you may not be the best at seeing yourself objectively.

And, this.

Congratulations on your weight loss!!!