Looking back on my journey, advice in hindsight...

Options
NVBibby
NVBibby Posts: 14 Member
Hi my Fitness friends, this is a little motivation and advice for those of you starting from an obese place...

I started at 315lbs and I'm just a half a pound shy of hitting 199. I've been reflecting on my weightloss so much this week and how difficult but rewarding the journey was.

After patting myself on the back for making it through a difficult thing I had a very sobering though....

Yes, starting obese and trying to lose a huge amount of weight is hard work and it is difficult....but it is far easier than remaining obese.

When I was morbidly obese I couldn't walk or stand longer than 5 mins, I couldn't keep up with house work, fit in an airplane seat, feel comfortable in public, fit into the clothes I wanted, or have any control over my life. Every day something was wrong, something hurt, I was always out of breath, and I was spending all my energy preparing for a life of non stop medical issues and no doubt if it continued, an early grave.

ALL of THAT is way harder to deal with than regaining control over your life.

Now I can take care of the home, walk where ever I want, not have to worry about medical issues, I mean everything is rosey!!!
I have another 30 lbs to drop but it's not even a big deal now!

For anyone starting from an obese place (or anywhere!) I want you to know that losing weight is going to be the best decision you've ever made.
You are worth it, you owe it to yourself to feel your best!!!

Replies

• RainbowMum
    RainbowMum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I love your post! Well done you for achieving what you have. I started my journey heavier than you and am 67lbs down and feel so happy already, I can't imagine how I will feel when I lose another 100lbs! I'm currently 299lbs.
  • linza7116
    linza7116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great and inspirational share. I have only lost 31 lb so far but what a huge difference. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing
    You are so right. The hardest part of this journey is the starting point. The second hardest is to keep on going on spite of reversals. We have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and continue.
    Good luck in your healthy journey.
    All the best
  • chamlk7002
    chamlk7002 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can I ask? At any point when losing did you feel a panic? If I lose and get to a certain point I get this panicky feeling. I am sure its my body being used to the weight and fighting me so I would gain it back, does this make sense to anyone?
  • chamlk7002
    chamlk7002 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    By the way congratulations for your great accomplishment! I know how hard it was but I bet you look fabulous...not that you probably didn't at your most weight..alot of beauty is inside. Some people just can't see that part of you.
  • manto2112
    manto2112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your words!
  • NVBibby
    NVBibby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    chamlk7002 wrote: »
    Can I ask? At any point when losing did you feel a panic? If I lose and get to a certain point I get this panicky feeling. I am sure its my body being used to the weight and fighting me so I would gain it back, does this make sense to anyone?

I get panic feelings all the time and I've accepted them as part of the process, I have a few speculations as to where it's coming from...

1. I'm panicked that I'll gain it back and feel terrible about myself....

I fight it by reminding myself how strong I am, and how much I deserve this, sometimes all it takes to get over that feeling is to give myself a big flirty smile in the mirror