Back Again

Options
Hi! I'm a 63 yr old guy bordering on obese/morbidly obese, according to the charts. I returned to MFP after being off for a while. I was never very successful at losing weight though did lose some last try. I was jogging for fitness, but the weight that went off in fat was put on in muscle so never really lost weight.

Now, I'm combining MFP with road cycling and kettlebell cardio. I've been in this bout for a 15 days and lost 10lbs.

I burn 800 calories on an 18km cycle and 400 calories with a 30minute kettlebell cardio/core workout. I'm quite successful at staying 200 calories under my daily MFP. Yesterday though I went to bed 1300 calories under the MFP recommendation with my workout. I just couldn't eat anymore. Most of the time I take a day off exercise sometimes I will follow a cycle day with a kettlebell cardio day. I'm certainly tightening up a fair bit.

Good luck everyone!!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Make sure you fuel your workouts, most people here eat at least half their calories back if not all. He who eats the most and still loses is the winner.

Best wishes!
  • AnabolicMind2011
    AnabolicMind2011 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!
  • alittlecoat
    alittlecoat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!

Good luck!
  • theGarinator
    theGarinator Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Make sure you fuel your workouts, most people here eat at least half their calories back if not all. He who eats the most and still loses is the winner.

Best wishes!

Hi! thanks, I do. I carry blocs with me, a bottle of water and a platypus water bottle with electrolyte so I never feel over exerted. I use 'Refresh' carbohydrate and electrolyte crystals. No disappointments yet.