Help! I'm hulking out!

Options
BeGrandLike
BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
edited August 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hello everyone!

Okay, here's my deal: I'm one week into a plan to lose a little over a stone, and I've shed a nice sensible pound over the past week. I'm doing my best to eat well- sticking to the calories goal, loads and loads of lovely fresh veg and eggs, nuts, seeds and legumes for my proteins (I'm veggie, too), some nice complex carbs in the mix. I'm getting my macros in, all good. And I'm eating small & often 'cause I know that works for me.

But here's the thing: I'm SO MOODY. Like, I'm irritable and snappy and was on the verge of tears earlier today for no good reason. I'm getting annoyed over the tiniest things, ever since about.. three days or so into the eating plan?

So, I've never made a proper effort to lose weight before. I don't know if this is normal and my body'll adjust to the calories it's getting and I'll go back to my usual relatively-sunny self, or if I need to change something up.

What do you all think? Cause I don't think I can inflict this new personality on everyone around me for the three months or so it'll take to get to my goal!

Replies

• putdownthecake1
    putdownthecake1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too am on a similar journey and do experience similar feelings. I have read before that it could be low blood sugar or other kinds of deficiencies. Also mentioned was too little carb intake. Hope this helps x Hannah
  • BeGrandLike
    Options
    Damnit, MFP keeps telling me that I need less carbs! It's so hard to know what to do, y'know? Guess there's plenty time to experiment a bit :/
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'd just go for a calorie goal. Don't worry the make up of it too much. Try to ensure your protein is In though. At the end of the day you need to reach a target right, if you new to this make it as easy as possible.
    Then if you get used to reaching your daily goal then you can play around with the make up of it.
    Try not to lose too quickly so u not in so much of a deficit so u can eat substantially. Takes bit of experimenting at first. But key is to be consistency. Water intake, weighing everything, and take your readings over time. The body can fluctuate so much week to week on scale. Water retention, hormones etc esp being a woman. So if u see scale increase after a loss it's prob a number of things. (If you truly have been accurate with logging)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    If you have cut down severely on some things, caffeine and or sugar then maybe this might have caused it. Just stick to what you are doing and give it a bit longer. Try not to eliminate all treats from your diet. Just make sure they fit into your calorie goals.
  • BeGrandLike
    Options
    I guess I'm hesitant to add in treats, since they all seem to have such a high amount of calories per bite and I worry that if I have treats then I'll end up way hungrier than if I fill up on a massive plate of green salad, say. I'm working on just making my meals as tasty as I can so they feel like a treat.

I have already seriously cut down on caffeine in the last couple weeks as well- gone from coffee down to tea and now down to green tea, so it could be partly withdrawal from that. Trying to get my sugar in fruit, too- I'll have maybe an apple and a banana every day, maybe with some soy yogurt.

So after a week I seem to have lost a little over a pound, although I'm not entirely certain about that since I don't quite trust my initial reading cause my scales is a bit temperamental. But I seem to be steadying into losing a little under 100g per day. Which I'm really happy about and puts me right on track!

So I guess maybe I just need to be a bit kinder with myself and let myself adjust to the new normal?