Why do you overeat???Cheating on my diet, why?? Lack of sleep??

allyalexandria
allyalexandria Posts: 39 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
so last night I didn't sleep very well and it was also like a disappointing day I went for my way in and I gained 4 pounds this week so anyways I was playing video games all night and really didn't sleep that well. So today I was doing really good On my diet determined to get rid of those 4 pounds I just gained but as the day progressed I noticed I ate a McDonald's hamburger and then in the evening I had thatthree bowls of cereal why do I do this ugh it's weird

Replies

• aneedforchange
    aneedforchange Posts: 75 Member
    Sometimes I'm more likely to eat things I shouldn't when I'm tired but I wouldn't say that's the only reason. You should try and remember what motivated you to do this in the first place and get back at it. You can still have what you really enjoy but occasionally.. it's about balance!
  • allyalexandria
    allyalexandria Posts: 39 Member
    Well I weigh 164 pounds and I think I look OK but I know others don't think that. So my motivation is more to look goodfor other people. So I guess I'm doing it for other people and not myself. So if I think about why am doing this diet, it's not a good reason. I do notice I'm eating a lot of vegetables which I've never done before which is of course good for your skin and everything. So I like that I am getting better healthier eating habits. I guess I want to diet because I want to look good which is I guess is superficial. Also I like a challenge and I feel like I'm failing at this diet and it represents be failing at not being consistent in achieving things I want to achieve. Ha ha kind of deep. Doesn't really help I guess. I watch TV shows where they go out and buy it out fit for their dream outfit, I have clothes from when I weighed 125 that are kind it I'd love to but wear them again. Maybe I should take without hanging in my closet. I don't know
  • aneedforchange
    aneedforchange Posts: 75 Member
    Yeah I think you should do what makes you happy and not other people. You can't fail at a challenge that your heart was never In in the first place! Figure out what you want and if it's to fit into those outfits for YOU..then you'll be able to stick with it! :)
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    ^ Boredom and craving junk food are my main reasons.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2016
    My main eating trigger is watching tv during the day, which is something i rarely do, thankfully. I don't feel the need to munch while watching tv at night, only during the day..

ETA: And yes, if i had a crappy sleep i will be like a bottomless pit the next day. This, coupled with no energy to exercise usually = a disaster day!