Lowfat food ideas?

Options
VividVegan
VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
edited August 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I was recently diagnosed with IBD, (not to be confused with IBS). I have to go low-fat, according to my gastroenterologist. And I have to give up oils, nut butters, nuts, and switched from hass avocado to the other kind. I'm also lactose intolerant. Unlean (mainly red) meats and egg yolks were making the digestive symptoms worse as well which is why I went vegan, although this was during trial-and-error, before the tests, colonoscopy/endoscopy, and diagnosis. Am considering going back to eating animal products now that I know it's the fats that are the problem (both animal and plant fats). So, I need a list of low fat foods to add to my new lifestyle change. I did some research and so far I have things listed like oats, white potatoes, fish, egg whites, rice, turkey, fat free italian dressing, jam, rice cakes, liquid aminos, PB2, most fruits and veggies (except hass avocado and olives). Anyone have more to add? I would really appreciate it. Tomorrow I'll be starting a lowfat, high carb diet (or lifestyle). Hopefully no more flare ups.
Ps- am lactose intolerant and gluten intolerant as well.

Replies