Fitbit One Help Please

Options
merzback
merzback Posts: 453 Member
I just love my new fitbit one. Got it from HSN for 89 dollars. Anyway, I used it for the first time yesterday and it is awesome. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to set a "trip" or whatever you call it when you first start a workout. Yesterday, I just counted but is there any way that you can re set for each work out?

Also, I like it so much better than the body bugg I got in 2009. First of all, at that time, you had to have the watch to see what you were burning if you weren't syncing it with the wire. And the body bugg was just annoying to have on my arm.

I am worried, however, that I might lose this tiny device.

I burned 3008 calories yesterday and only ate 1700. Nice to see the real deficit.

Thank you- if this has already been discussed in another posting, I am sorry!.

Replies

• RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    Wow, on what I call an "active" day, I burn about 2700 calories. I am trying to bring my daily burn to around 2900-3000, but I am having trouble getting there. Good job!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have thr fitbit one and love it. I don't turn it on when I work out. It keeps track of all my movements. If I wanted to manually enter my workout in then I need to put the time down so it doesn't double log it. I have a hrm too. As far as losing it. I wear it clipped inside of my bra so if it falls out of its case it will be in my bra. That has actually never happened though.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    wait i am confused- you don't turn it on when you are working out? I am also confused because it looks like if I post my workout in MFP, it will put my workout in twice. I don't know how to log my workout TIME in - so I can just not put in individual workouts and just let the Fitbit do it?

Great idea about the bra- thank you!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I wear mine on my bra as well and have never had a problem. If you turn it on while you're working out, you can then see it as activity in your fitbit log. If you don't turn it on it still shows the calorie burn but not as a separate activity. When you post your workout as cardio on MFP it will allow you to set the start time and duration, then fitbit will adjust out those calories so you are not double counting the calorie burn.

Hope this helps! :smile:
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    If you press and hold the button on the One it will go into Track mode. It typically interprets this as "Sleep" time (and it will muss up your sleep stats, if you're actually using the sleep tracker), but it will also give you a more detailed breakdown of your activity level for the time it's specifically tracking.

(To exit track mode, press and hold the button again)
  • GraffeoDL
    GraffeoDL Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The "turn it on" that the other posters seem to be referring to is starting the activity monitor. This is the same thing you do to track sleep. Press and hold the button on the One until the timer starts then when your activity is finished press and hold till timer stops. This creates and "activity record" If you are going to record that activity on MFP make sure the start time you record matches the start time for the activity record. Occasionally activity records could be mistaken for sleep records and vice verse but there is an option to change a sleep record to activity record and to change activity record to sleep record so that these can be corrected.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I just park my Fitbit One on my bra and let it run all day. No need to turn it on and off. If you want to log something separately (say swimming or cycling) you need to log on to the Fitbit website and manually enter the time you started doing whatever doesn't log and tell it what you were doing and how long for.

If you really DID burn 3000+ calories and only ate 1700 I'd suggest you eat more or you'll crash in a few days.

I have managed to lose my Fitbit from my bra - I was emptying a composter in the garden, which entails hanging upside down in a big plastic container, dragging the composted garden waste out. I have to lean in on my breastbone to do this and, unknown to me, it "popped" the Fitbit out of its clip on my bra. Then the fitbit fell out of my bra in the garden & I was very lucky that my son managed to find it again. The Fitbit support people were very helpful and offered a new one on production of my receipt and so on, but I didn't need the new one as we found the original.

Then a few weeks later I had to empty the OTHER composter - so I took the fitbit out of its clip and kept it in my pocket. Would you believe it?? This time I lost the clip - and it has yet to reappear, so I made the fitbit itself a little bag with a drawstring closure that I use to tie it onto my bra & tuck it into a cup. It works just fine like that. :-)