Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

blood type diet. Does it work?

Options
Anicamarais
Anicamarais Posts: 46 Member
How effective is the blood type diet? And is it scientifically proven to aid in optimal health or not? Would like to hear some opinions out there..

Replies

• AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's bull.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It's woo of the worst order. Thoroughly debunked.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Its got the word diet in the name.. NO.. Is this where we can say "my blood type is better than yours"?
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Its got the word diet in the name.. NO.. Is this where we can say "my blood type is better than yours"?

(singing) Any way you bleed I can bleed better...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    How effective is the blood type diet?

If it helps you get into a deficit it would work. No real reason it would, however.
    And is it scientifically proven to aid in optimal health or not?

No.

There's no reason why your blood type would be connected to your optimal diet (and we don't even have one optimal diet).
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I did it years ago and lost 8kg in 4 weeks even though I didn't do it to lose weight. I felt good but it wouldn't have worked long term for me because it was boring and very limited
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It follows the same principles as horoscopes - the description of your star signs fits you completely, but so do all the others. Any diet that is an improvement of your current diet and gives you a calorie deficit, will make you lose weight and feel better.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Yeah this one scared the bejeezus out of me when it first came out! I'm AB- and was doomed to die at an early age (I was a lot younger and dumber). This is just garbage made up to sell books.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I thought you were doing Keto OP?

All you need for weight loss is a calorie deficit. You don't need the blood type diet, keto, magical fat burners, or any other fad product out there..just eat less than you consume and you will lose weight.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    total malarkey
  • iManifestGoals
    iManifestGoals Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can get a blood test and find out your food sensitivities. If you have a long list...eating those foods causes inflammation. Inflammation causes the body to bloat and hang on to water. So the blood type diet is BS, but the food sensitivity test can be helpful.
  • Neonblu_
    Neonblu_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I looked the diet up a while ago and for my blood type I believe it recommended meat and animal products. I'm ironically vegetarian and thats what makes me feel my best.
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    @bpetrosky - Does it bring all the boys to the yard? Made me lol!