Gaining inches but not weight

Options
This is gonna sound weird but I gained about 1-2 inches from my hips , thighs and tummy but my weight remained in the same range.. Anyone else experienced this or has a clue why its happening ?

Replies

• luvmakeup4ever
    luvmakeup4ever Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Are you building muscle? The human body will do all kinds of shifts such as releasing water/storing water as well as build muscle and burning fat. The body has its own agenda. C that is to keep you alive and maintain a weight it's happy at. It'll do all kinds of crap to maintain a specific weight, hence people hitting plateaus. If you've recently changed your way of eating/diet maybe your body is trying to hold onto stuff. If you're dehydrated perhaps, it's holding water in your muscles. Your muscles are located in those spots you spoke of. I hope your body complies with whatever you wish to gain/lose.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Any chance there could be an error in measurement (e.g., not holding the tape tightly against your skin)?

Over what time period did you see this change?
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Are you building muscle? The human body will do all kinds of shifts such as releasing water/storing water as well as build muscle and burning fat. The body has its own agenda. C that is to keep you alive and maintain a weight it's happy at. It'll do all kinds of crap to maintain a specific weight, hence people hitting plateaus. If you've recently changed your way of eating/diet maybe your body is trying to hold onto stuff. If you're dehydrated perhaps, it's holding water in your muscles. Your muscles are located in those spots you spoke of. I hope your body complies with whatever you wish to gain/lose.

Thanks a lot :) I havent changed anything though , just doing some squats and sit ups :/
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    Any chance there could be an error in measurement (e.g., not holding the tape tightly against your skin)?

Over what time period did you see this change?

2 months I think