I Can't Beleive I Ran the Whole Thing!

Options
13»

Replies

• AshSarahP
    AshSarahP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are incredibly inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I'm on that same path to healthier times and my first 5K. I haven't scheduled it yet but I just started training for it last week. I'm so excited and I'm going to print off your photos and post them on my dream board!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    You are very inspiring! Congrats! I spent the last 20 years in severe back pain and knee pain from some injuries/previous surgeries and I did nothing but gain weight and sit in a recliner after work gaining weight. I've lost 120+ lbs in the last 1.5 years here at MFP, and now walk/jog a 5k 6 days a week for exercise. I can't run the whole thing yet, and some days I think I may never, but I get closer all the time. Hearing your story makes me think I'll get there some day and maybe run a 5k as well. I just need to keep at it. Thanks for your story!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 @Spliner1969 Get signed up for that first 5k now and do the best you can. I walked lots of events before I could run the whole thing, including coming in last on my first one. Get a friend and just do it! You will have fun!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    @campfirequeen1 @Spliner1969 Get signed up for that first 5k now and do the best you can. I walked lots of events before I could run the whole thing, including coming in last on my first one. Get a friend and just do it! You will have fun!

I'll be doing one in the May, it's for Breast Cancer and work pays entry fees for any employees that want to participate. My town is small and doesn't have all that many, none this time of year anyway. There are some around me, I just need the time to go. Until then though I do my own daily in the wee hours of the morning, at least as long as the weather holds out here in Missouri. ;)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Oh my wow awesome!!!!

I only know you as an amazing and intelligent runner. Now I see you have done all this too?!!

You are truly wonderful. Bravo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!