Super Positive Weight Loss Story

Options
jgnatca
jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    Oh, I've heard about that guy. Great story!
  • hjlourenshj
    hjlourenshj Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That was amazing to see! I'm going to bump this every day
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    That was awesome. Thanks for sharing. Well worth the watch.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That's incredible and a great lesson about listening to "pushy" people. That's the "infamous" miscers who were helping him. There is a pretty large online community among these sites. He chose to act. My hat is off to him. Listening to him and his mom was pretty emotional TBH.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OMG pass the tissues. What an inspiration he would be to so many others :heart:
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Wow completely amazing!! So glad I took the time to watch this inspiring story.

Edit because I posted too soon.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    I step away and my thread got legs. Thanks, you guys!

Isn't it nice to know that even a little DB support can lead to such a great change.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    I like also how he promotes (and his pushy online support team) small incremental change. His first diet change was to eat six or seven cheese burritos instead of eleven.

Small changes have been my experience too.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I have seen that video before, and his story is amazing! Everybody should watch this one!
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I like also how he promotes (and his pushy online support team) small incremental change. His first diet change was to eat six or seven cheese burritos instead of eleven.

Same. To bring it way down to someone who started only in the mid 200s, I started with only 5-10 minutes on an elliptical before my asthma would kick in and I'd be wasted. I think we do a disservice by telling people that walking isn't good exercise. So many want to go from overweight to marathon, or skinny guy to Atlas, but little changes consistently made can be huge if the idea of constant improvement (such as progressive overload) is incorporated. That guy really got it and with some incredible online support he saved his life. It was humbling to watch.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    That is so touching! Thanks for sharing.
  • Debster634
    Debster634 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What a remarkable guy to have the fortitude to change his world like that. I love that the forum members recognized the sad place that he must have been in and showed him that they were there to empathize and encourage instead of criticize.
  • Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Same. To bring it way down to someone who started only in the mid 200s, I started with only 5-10 minutes on an elliptical before my asthma would kick in and I'd be wasted. I think we do a disservice by telling people that walking isn't good exercise. So many want to go from overweight to marathon, or skinny guy to Atlas, but little changes consistently made can be huge if the idea of constant improvement (such as progressive overload) is incorporated. That guy really got it and with some incredible online support he saved his life. It was humbling to watch.

Yes! It sucks to be proud of eating a salad only to have some say "iceburg is garbage, eat kale." No. Iceburg is a huge improvement over that half of bag of doritos I would have eaten.
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    Gena575 wrote: »

Yes! It sucks to be proud of eating a salad only to have some say "iceburg is garbage, eat kale." No. Iceburg is a huge improvement over that half of bag of doritos I would have eaten.

I don't know who said it but I know it's common with engineers, "don't let perfection get in the way of good."
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    An amazing story. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

I am most of all impressed by how he was able to visualize the future - how fast he seemed to grasp the concept of "every little helps", the impact small increments can have, and his patience. And his perserverance, maturity, insight and empathy. And his positivity and sense of humor. Well, I guess I am mighty and broadly impressed by this guy :D