So I'm starting tomorrow...

loorita90
loorita90 Posts: 21 Member
Hi everyone. Found I mostly gain weight and get serious bloating and water retention when I consume carbs. Don't know why. I will get checked my blood sugar response next week from the doc. (it's a 5 hour examination. They will give me a glass of a very sugary drink mix and then take blood every hour for 5 hours. Anyone ever did that?)

However, I want to start eating low carb tomorrow (I have been eating a lot of carbs and sugars this weekend and I can definitely see the extra pounds of water and fat I gained omg)

I am Italian so I use to eat mostly pasta and bread. That is what my parents and culture taught me at home. I don't know any low carb recipes, so I wanted to ask you whether you had some tips/ suggestions/ recipes for me to start this tomorrow :)

Should be easy and not too exotic ingredients. Right now there are some things in my fridge:
- feta cheese
- mountain cheese
- tomatoes
-lettuce
-broccoli
-spinach
-zucchini
-crumbled cheese
-tuna
-beans
-eggs

(so I think I've found the basic ingredients for a low carb diet.)

Hope to see some answers :))

Replies

• kaseyAnne425
    kaseyAnne425 Posts: 230

Should be easy and not too exotic ingredients. Right now there are some things in my fridge:
    - feta cheese
    - mountain cheese
    - tomatoes
    -lettuce
    -broccoli
    -spinach
    -zucchini
    -crumbled cheese
    -tuna
    -beans
    -eggs

(so I think I've found the basic ingredients for a low carb diet.)

Hope to see some answers :))

Those are all great healthy choices (most of your veggies are greens which are fantastic sources of fiber and other nutrients). Try to incorporate some more protein, such as cottage cheese or try Special K Protein Plus (it's 10g of Protein per serving and is low-carb). A lot of what you listed would be amazing in addition to some baked/grilled skinless boneless chicken breast! Good luck!