Group classes enough?

Options
I recently joined a new "cardio studio" that has different classes all the time. So far, this is what my workout schedule looks like:

Monday: BodyPump followed by Cize
Tuesday: PiYo / Barre
Wednesday: Body Combat
Thursday: Zumba
Friday: Cize followed by BodyPump
Either rest Saturday and Sunday or do Zumba Saturday

I'm just now getting back into work out and eating healthy and I know that eventually I want to go back to my old gym and start lifting, but for now, I just want to lose fat and start developing muscle. I'm hoping these classes will be enough to get me to my first goal of losing 20 pounds?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Your diet is going to be a far larger contributor to your weight loss...all I did was some walking my first 20 Lbs.

Also, you're not really going to be developing muscle doing a bunch of cardio.
  • jamieheyl
    jamieheyl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response! I have overhauled my diet completely...I was doing a no carb / mostly protein diet for 3 weeks and dropped 5 pounds and now I'm switching to a more balanced, 1500 calorie diet and watching my macros. Hoping this will do the trick!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Those classes sound as though they will get you moving again and give you some cardio and small strength gains to get you ready for lifting again. Keep at it. :)

Cheers, h.