So I'm starting tomorrow...

Options
2»

Replies

• lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I suffer from serious carb face after a binge too, however, is it not the binge that causes it? I think so. Binging on anything will cause unpleasant things to happen to your body.

Maybe you're sensitive/intolerant to wheat or gluten? It's worth finding that out. If not, portion control is key. I feel patronising saying that but, as you said yourself, a carb BINGE makes you feel this way. Not carbs themselves.

As a student, I can say with complete honesty that I wouldn't have made it through my 9am-9pm days in the library without a big bowl of porridge for breakfast!
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Why wait until tomorrow? Why NOT today?....

It's in the middle of the night here

Haha... Well, I guess that makes perfect sense! Good luck! (-;
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Carbs do not make you fat. What makes you gain weight or get fat is an excess of calories over what you burn in a typical day.

As for the bloating, drink plenty of water.

Ingredients - a kick *kitten* omelette

^^ This, or a kick-*kitten* salad.

While that may true for a normal person, it sounds like her blood sugar is being tested this week. If she has diabetes or insulin resistance, white carbs are certainly not good for her. As the doctor told me, they turn straight to sugar and will leave you hungry.
    I think when the OP is talking about carbs, she may mean white bread, white pasta, cookies, etc. OP switch over to whole grain pasta, sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes, quinoa, farro, brown rice, etc.

You may cook many of the same recipes. Just make adjustments. Choose the leanest cuts of meat, smaller amounts of cheese or lower fat cheese, switch to whole grain carbs and use smaller amounts of extra virgin olive oil....Sometimes I even just use cooking spray to prevent the food from sticking and omit the oil. WATCH PORTIONS! Buy a food scale and measure foods raw before cooking them. Also, it helps to pre-plan meals in the beginning with MFP. That way you are sure to stay within your calorie limit.