What's killing my diet today...

Options
Today, all I can think about are English muffins. I love books and crannies filled with melty butter.... It's not good for me but it tastes so gooooooddddd...

Replies

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I buy the whole wheat english muffins that are 100 calories. I don't even miss the original ones.
    Well, I didn't miss them until I read you description of "nooks and crannies filled with melty butter"
    Curses!
  • flimflam87
    flimflam87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh those dastardly nooks and crannys!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's what I'm having for breakfast. If it fits your calories... *shrug*
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Why isn't it good for you?
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have them all the time. The Thomas Light ones are great. Higher in fiber and protein and only 100 cal. I do skip the butter most of the time now and just do a dollop of jam.

Has anyone had any sightings of Thomas' Pumpkin Spice English Muffins this year? I got those last year and fell in love! One of those with a smear of honey-nut cream cheese was pure bliss.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Eat one! Log it!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    The amount of margarine I need to sufficiently fill the nooks and crannies is astounding.

What's killing my diet now is not being able to eat as much as I want.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    I have them all the time. The Thomas Light ones are great. Higher in fiber and protein and only 100 cal. I do skip the butter most of the time now and just do a dollop of jam.

Has anyone had any sightings of Thomas' Pumpkin Spice English Muffins this year? I got those last year and fell in love! One of those with a smear of honey-nut cream cheese was pure bliss.
    Not yet! The salted caramel muffins are pretty good.

• JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Mmmm... sounds yummy! Maybe my lunch break walk will go past the grocery store today...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    French toast bagels with mounds of whipped cream cheese... I'm so very hungry! :p
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Mmm, even better with melty peanut butter! (Weighed out of course. Curse you peanut butter.)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    French toast bagels with mounds of whipped cream cheese... I'm so very hungry! :p

That sounds delicious! Now I want an apple cinnamon bagel with mounds of cream cheese. I might have to go get one for lunch instead of eating my pizza.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »

That sounds delicious! Now I want an apple cinnamon bagel with mounds of cream cheese. I might have to go get one for lunch instead of eating my pizza.

We have a local bagel shop that if you get there early has sun-dried tomato bagels. With veggie cream cheese it gives new meaning to pizza bagel. But the french toast are a close second. And first when sun-dried tomato isn't available. Which is most of the time. Boo.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    Mmm, even better with melty peanut butter! (Weighed out of course. Curse you peanut butter.)
    giphy.gif
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I had a cinnamon raisin muffin yesterday..without the butter ☹️ it was good but I like buttery muffins haha why can't butter be 0 calories!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I actually put those in the trash after eating one, lol. All I could taste was salt. Bleh.

The pumpkin ones were delicious though!

When I get sweet flavored ones, I usually have them with some ricotta and honey. I just had my wheat one plain dipped in egg yolk this morning. Tasty.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    consciousness.