I quit smoking.....ahhhh, i want to eat everything!

Options
Looking for support, I just quit smoking and now I'm afraid that I'll want to eat everything in sight. Please help me lose weight and stay away from cigarettes.

Replies

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I knew too that when I decided to quit - food might become an 'issue'. However, I also told myself that I was going to do what was needed so that I would not go back. I answered my cravings with candy canes...yes...candy canes...many, many candy canes. I don't really recall (this happened 20 years ago) gaining weight - probably became more active too and ta-da....it worked! I finally did it. Became easier each day. Make new habits and of course try (better than what I chose to do with the candy!) to start incorporating new healthy things that you actual enjoy:)

Good luck - Making a 'real' serious decision is really the most important thing to keep you going. Know it's going to 'suck' - but it will be SOOO worth it. :)
  • ma2007pmc
    ma2007pmc Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for you encouraging words!
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking just over a month ago and there was definitely an indulgent period, haha. I find going for brisk walks, and staying super hydrated help. Also set some achievable goals to keep you distracted!