Kinesiology Major

Options
btfitness89
btfitness89 Posts: 10 Member
edited August 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Trying to get into the swing of things as far as tracking macros and learning how to properly bulk and cut as a personal trainer! Student at College of the Canyons and have been working out for a little over a year. 27 years old and feel 20! Any tips about the industry or fitness in general, I would be more than glad to hear... Thanks fam

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I would suggest keep doing whatever it is that you're doing, cause you look bleeping awesome so far
  • btfitness89
    Options
    Thank you so much Mrsfitz... I'm my own worse critic so I always see my flaws before I see my Gainz... But I will do just that lol...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    The fitness industry can be a fun profession if you really enjoy training and teaching others and can take rejection WELL. More than not, it may take a few years to make decent money doing it and you may even go on to training/coaching athletes for pro sports or events.
    Personally I didn't want to commit that much time to it, so I've stayed at the level of just being a personal trainer/group fitness trainer.
    I don't follow a lot of the BS that the fitness industry endorses (especially when it comes to nutrition) and am not sold on all the latest "revolutionary" ways to work out with all sorts of gadgets and equipment, but you still have to learn about them because there will be lots of clients who'll want to do it.
    All in all, you need to be somewhat flexible with your time, be inventive in your designing programs, be aware of what you clients need and be empathetic to peoples struggles. Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Trying to get into the swing of things as far as tracking macros and learning how to properly bulk and cut as a personal trainer! Student at College of the Canyons and have been working out for a little over a year. 27 years old and feel 20! Any tips about the industry or fitness in general, I would be more than glad to hear... Thanks fam

Just chiming in to say that I read this originally as "College of the Crayons."

I need more coffee, I think.

Oh, and good luck!
  • btfitness89
    Options
    Thank you for the response fam... I appreciate that... Very useful information and we sound Iike we share a few of the same goals and a few of the same dislikes lol... I love this fitness lifestyle and truth be told, I believe it saved my life... Maybe it's like my way of giving back.. But thanks again bro