How do I meet my proteins daily?!

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Well to answer your question of which I like to eat more of, I fee sluggish when I have like a lunch with a lot of fat in it like a grilled cheese and some salad on the side (this is cheat days meal) but I fee fine eating 200g carbs for a meal. I am trying to bulk and cut down belly fat at the same time for abs. I am lifting heavy at the gym if that helps. The way I have my macros setup looks like this.

Calorie intake - 2754
    Carbohydrates - 52% 361g
    Protein - 25% 170g
    Fat - 23% 70g

Am I looking like I'm on the right path now?

You can't really bulk and cut at the same time... recomp?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Well to answer your question of which I like to eat more of, I fee sluggish when I have like a lunch with a lot of fat in it like a grilled cheese and some salad on the side (this is cheat days meal) but I fee fine eating 200g carbs for a meal. I am trying to bulk and cut down belly fat at the same time for abs. I am lifting heavy at the gym if that helps. The way I have my macros setup looks like this.

Calorie intake - 2754
    Carbohydrates - 52% 361g
    Protein - 25% 170g
    Fat - 23% 70g

Am I looking like I'm on the right path now?

you need to re-examine your goals...if you bulk you are not going to cut down on belly fat...best case scenario you gain two pounds a month and one pound of that is fat and the other is muscle...

you can run a recomp where you lose some body fat and gain some muscle...but that involves eating at maintenance for about six months...
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Protein bar, egg whites, loads of egg whites to be exact, meat specially chicken breast, and sometimes if needs be a protein shake too, and I am almost always over my protein needs. not 170 grams, but 135-140.
  • productionz3
    productionz3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advices and tips. I will stick to the new macros and see how that goes! Best of luck to everyone