Keeping secrets from my body

Options
Hungry_Shopgirl
Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
As in, I would love to be able to do that. For example this morning I had a great workout, but then I was hungrier than normal all day because of it. It was a real struggle to eat my allotted calories and nothing else. If only my body didn't know about my workout, then I wouldn't be so hungry!

Anyone else thought this before? Anyone? Anyone?...Bueller?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    why wouldn't you eat back exercise cals?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Some days depending on what day of the month I'm hungrier than others.
    I've been indulging a little too much lately. I'm going to keep secrets from my body now I guess
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I don't really eat back my exercise calories, mainly because my workouts are usually 30 min of strength training plus >30 min walking a day. That doesn't actually give me a ton of calories to eat back, maybe ~200 on a good day. So I'd rather pretend I didn't exercise and save it as "margin" against imperfect logging.

@synchkat yeah, that too. Why does my body have to find out about every bite I eat, especially around that TOM? So unfair!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat back my exercise calories, mainly because my workouts are usually 30 min of strength training plus >30 min walking a day. That doesn't actually give me a ton of calories to eat back, maybe ~200 on a good day. So I'd rather pretend I didn't exercise and save it as "margin" against imperfect logging.

@synchkat yeah, that too. Why does my body have to find out about every bite I eat, especially around that TOM? So unfair!

Well during TOM there's the added bloating too. Blargh. I juat give up then there's no point fighting nature haha
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The human body is pretty amazing, but there could be lots of improvements.
    Why don't you stop feeling hungry once you have had your requisite calorie intake? Why do hormones get all messed up? Childbirth? Give me a break
    Needs more work. 6/10