Ugh, so frustrated today

Options
jayv85
jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
I'm sorry I'm just venting and I know to be patient.

My husband got in a car accident yesterday in the truck we just bought in March. Not his fault, he was driving and the other driver came from a side road and cut him off so my husband couldn't stop in time. Supposedly he didn't see my husband's big truck.

So now we're down to 1 car. Which means either he can't go to school/work or I can't go to work. I have no clue when we'll be told if the vehicle is totaled and/or we're getting a rental car. I called our insurance company and it just goes to voice mail.

Extremely frustrating. Thankfully everyone walked away, and I'm really glad my husband didn't have the kids with him at the time. Just an inconvenience right now.

tgqa6pw6a9dj.jpeg

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i have to be on a conference call from 11 - 12:30 and push lunch back.

ok. maybe that's not quite on your level.

glad all involved in the accident are alive and well.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Thankfully your husband and the other driver are ok. It could be much worse. Understandably frustrating but under the circumstances you just gotta take a deep breath and wait until you get in touch with your insurance.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I also found out yesterday that my great aunt I grew up with (she was like a grandmother to me since we didn't grow up with ours) is in the hospital and it doesn't seem like she's going to make it. So that's been making me sad.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness everyone is ok. Keep calling your insurance company. That's something they should get to quickly
  • synchkat
    Options
    Not sure where she's from but here you would call your insurance and get the rental through your person al insurance and then they bill the person who is at fault's insurance. Believe me I know this process all too well
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Not sure where she's from but here you would call your insurance and get the rental through your person al insurance and then they bill the person who is at fault's insurance. Believe me I know this process all too well

+1. Ali is so smart. just do what she says....always :D
  • synchkat
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »

+1. Ali is so smart. just do what she says....always :D

haha not like I had this explained to me for the umpteenth time a little over a month ago when we were rear ended.