Calories

Options
Hi,
I made up my own containers ( bought at dollaramma ) instead of buying containers from 21 day fix, I do know how many cups etc to put in them but wondering how many calories would be in 1 cup of veggies, hope this is not a silly question, I am on a mission

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    It varies, depending on the vegetable(s) you choose and the size of the cup
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You are not going to get an accurate calorie count doing this. A food scale is the most accurate, and you need to choose the right entries from the database.
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It's not a silly question, but malibu927 is right--not all veggies are equal, nor are all "cups."

To give your mission the best chance of success, you could fill up some of your containers with the veggies you want to eat, then weigh them using an inexpensive food scale. Once you know how many ounces or grams of green beans (or whatever) you have, log it into MFP to get your calorie and nutrient information.

If you're just starting out, it may help to know that vegetables higher in starch like corn, sweet potatoes, peas, or carrots, tend to have more calories than leafy greens or cruciferous veggies like cauliflower or broccoli.

Good luck!

• telemaa
    telemaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone , gave up on those containers, I am still up and down lost 3 lbs last week and gained 5 oz this week (we weigh in every wed eve ) I do not deprive myself of food but I have really cut back on portions