High Blood Pressure

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm mainly using mfp to keep track of my sodium intake, I use fitbit for my food and exercise. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the sodium intake amt that mfp gives. I need 1600 to be the cap.

TIA

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Yes,
    Go under My Home>Goals and you can edit your sodium under the Micronutrients bar.
  • skyerulz
    skyerulz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Yes,
    Go under My Home>Goals and you can edit your sodium under the Micronutrients bar.

PERFECT, thank you. :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    A little OT but you can also have MFP track your potassium intake.

It seems to be a well kept secret that the RDA for adults is about 4,700mg (I've been watching my sodium for ages but my Dr was amazed when I started tracking my potassium too..)
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have HBP too .The mfp suggested sodium levels for me is the same level as what a nutritionist recommended. However, I try to stay below the MFP suggestion.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

It seems to be a well kept secret that the RDA for adults is about 4,700mg (I've been watching my sodium for ages but my Dr was amazed when I started tracking my potassium too..)

You can do it with MFP if you're willing to do a lot of legwork to run down the potassium contents of a lot of foods. Many food labels don't include potassium counts (even when the foods contain a considerable amount), and so the entries in MFP's database are inaccurate.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, tracking potassium isn't nearly as easy as tracking sodium, at least in the US, because companies aren't currently required to include potassium in the nutritional information.