when to track

Options
66missangie
66missangie Posts: 2 Member
Have used this ap before...just interested in your opinion on when to track...before you eat it...while you're consuming...or end of the day...ideas as to pros and cons of each: GO! angie

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I log after I eat something. Or if I know I'm meeting someone for drinks I will pre log to know how much wiggle room I have
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I typically know what I'm having every day of the week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I could log every [weekday] meal on Sunday Night.

And if I'm going out to eat on the weekends. I typically log it just before ordering it so I can make sure I'm within my limits.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I log periodically through the day. I tend to eat common foods during the weekend so they are in my history . When I wait till end of day sometimes I forget items
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I pre-log and prepare my food the night before. Except for dinner because that,'s never set in stone but my food I pre-pack for work and I leave about 400-500 calls for dinner.

I need to pre-log or I'll always over eat. If I know ahead of time my calories I tend to do better. Some days, like during shark week, I eat a bit more and I just log it and move on or eat a bit less for dinner if I can.