Thyroid Removal -Cancer

Options
Anyone here doing MFP after having thyroid removed because of cancer ? I would love to know how easy or hard the process is/was and the things you did to not gain massive amount of weight during and after recovery.

Thanks

Replies

• me_in_ozarks
    me_in_ozarks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please explain what MFP stands for. I've had my thyroid removed due to papillary thyroid cancer.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Please explain what MFP stands for. I've had my thyroid removed due to papillary thyroid cancer.

MFP - MyFitnessPal
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Pal
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I had a total thyroidectomy in May 2000 after papillary thyroid cancer was discovered. Went through 1 round of chemo and radiation. Currently on .175/.200 mcg Synthroid alternating daily. I was transitioning from the military to a cushy civilian life and stopped working out, but ate like I was still running 6mi/day and swimming 2mi/day. I put on ~60 lbs over 13 years. I found MFP through my wife after our third child and lost the weight over about a year. I've been at maintenance ever since.

Hit me up on any questions you have - honestly if you could wish for a cancer, this is the one to get - very treatable.