Advice on how to set diet profile

Options
Hi,

I've been using MFP for a while and have updated my weight regularly so my calorie allowance is reset appropriately.
I've just noticed near the bottom it gives the option to change how many days you will exercise and for how long.

I have it on the setting from when I started and was struggling with a joint condition, so 10 minutes, 5 days a week which allows me 1360 calories.
My fitness is much improved and I now exercise for at least 20 minutes every day. Due to my condition, complete rest days are a no-no, so I do something a bit more gentle for the 20 minutes once or twice a week.
If I change the settings to show this extra level of activity, my calorie allowance goes up to 1600.

So, my question is, do I change the settings and still log my exercise?
Or, if I change the settings, is MFP adjusting for the 20 minutes so I should only log anything above this?

Confused!

Replies

• I_love_minions
    I_love_minions Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    MFP shouldn't change the setting for your daily goal unless you change it from sedentary to light activity. I would keep it at sedentary and log exercise.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Changing how many days and how long you workout for will not change your calorie settings. That is based on daily activity and how much you want to lose per week. Exercise has to be added separately, it's how MFP is set up.

You can work out your TDEE and manually set your calorie goal to that, but it's not recommended unless your exercise schedule is very consistent.
  • I_love_minions
    I_love_minions Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.
    I'll leave the daily activity at light and ignore the exercise section. Then I'll just log my exercise as I go.

Thanks for your help