I had Roux-en Y gastric bypass. Ask me anything.

Options
2»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    "Dumping" for me anyways is a sudden cold sweat and nausea, and the overwhelmed stomach dumps (vomits) whatever was eaten. It may happen with certain foods, overfull stomach, or eating too fast.

I've only had a handful of incidents but they were memorable.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    "Dumping" for me anyways is a sudden cold sweat and nausea, and the overwhelmed stomach dumps (vomits) whatever was eaten. It may happen with certain foods, overfull stomach, or eating too fast.

I've only had a handful of incidents but they were memorable.

Criminy!
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I had RNy as well 13 years ago. I lost 180 Pounds initially but have gained 70 back. I can say it was amazing during the weight loss phase and I would not change anything but what they don't tell you is that eating 600-800 caloroes a day for over a year is going to destroy your metabolism. Your pouch does stretch in capacity size again and one day down the road normal size meals will be in your future again, and when you start eating like a normal person again and having normal (1200-1400) calorie range, you can regain. It seems really unfair but it is what bypass surgery does to your metabolism.

• Mjajjrcj17
    Mjajjrcj17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Four months post op. Congrats! I have passed my two year anniversary.

I notice the American program is very low calorie for the first year. I was encouraged to get to 1200 calories within six months.

With so few calories daily are you experiencing any side effects like brittle nails or hair?

Do you have any food intolerances?

Have you had any "dumping" events?