Breakfast of Champions!

Options
Hey all - what's your favorite breakfast for an on-the-go kind of day? What's your go-to on days when you have more time, say on weekends?

Replies

• Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I start the day with protein and fibre so generally all bran and then eggs or yoghurt
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Just a protein bar works best for me. I don't really enjoy breakfast and just eat for the energy, so I have a Quest bar or similar and some water and coffee.

I used to just skip it entirely but I find I am a lot less alert in the morning if I don't eat anything.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a rush I like to make overnight oats in a jar, then I can just eat and go, or a quick bowl of cereal like shredded wheat with fruit.

If I'm not in a rush I like to make porridge (hot) with fruit or poached egg on toast with avocado or mushrooms.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    If you are in a rush, skip the breakfast.
    The night before pack a large snack to have when you have time before lunch.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Kdp2015 wrote: »
    I start the day with protein and fibre so generally all bran and then eggs or yoghurt

Same here, bran cereal with almond milk, then a 60g protein shake. Gives me a kick start on fiber and protein for the day, and it's usually after my morning fasted workout so perfect time for an influx of whey isolate. ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I brown bag my breakfast most mornings...it's usually 2 eggs and 4 egg whites omelette with either oats or pinto beans and hatch red chile.

On weekends I do all kinds of stuff...bacon, eggs, potatoes...pancakes...waffles...whatever I feel like.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person lol when I have time/weekend, I have a coffee with some creamer.
  • missannie1686
    missannie1686 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Light WASA with T peanut butter, 1/2 banana, applesauce or peach, coffee. At 9:30, I have a snack of carb/protein and coffee.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    The breakfast I pack to take to work is plain greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and frozen fruit. On the weekends, I usually only have two meals -brunch and dinner. Brunch might be anything.
  • jackslovely
    jackslovely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    homemade breakfast sandwich. it literally takes maybe 10 minutes. thomas's light english muffin (100 calories) Large egg (70 calories) laughing cow cheese spread (35 calories) and some type of meat (50-70 calories). if i have cooked bacon on hand i add 1.5 slices or turkey sausage. breakfast usually runs me about 250-300 depending on what i have on it. Super easy and can be eaten on the go
  • LKrebill
    LKrebill Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    homemade breakfast sandwich. it literally takes maybe 10 minutes. thomas's light english muffin (100 calories) Large egg (70 calories) laughing cow cheese spread (35 calories) and some type of meat (50-70 calories). if i have cooked bacon on hand i add 1.5 slices or turkey sausage. breakfast usually runs me about 250-300 depending on what i have on it. Super easy and can be eaten on the go

That sounds delicious!
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I eat Soylent for breakfast and lunch 400cal each meal, then whatever homemade dinner I want as long as it's within my daily calorie limit to maintain weight. (Currently 3,000 calorie, I like big dinners. )

sboi5pe3gwxg.jpeg
    b9op3rzcp948.jpeg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Currently, a cup of cottage cheese covered in Frank's Red Hot. I'll get sick of it in a couple weeks and move onto something else.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Most days, my breakfast is a Chobani yogurt. On weekends, sometimes I will make a Greek yogurt pancake. ubp8yaj34ri7.jpeg
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat on the run. I make time to have several cups of coffee (or I wouldn't be able to function)
    , oatmeal or shredded wheat n fruit or avocado toast or toast with peanut butter n jelly.
    Weekends..eggs with onion mushroom, spinach and cheese. And sometimes if I'm not working, a bloody mary for brunch.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Black coffee,
    Strong lifts 5x5.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    pdxwine wrote: »
    Most days, my breakfast is a Chobani yogurt. On weekends, sometimes I will make a Greek yogurt pancake. ubp8yaj34ri7.jpeg

That's a nice looking pancake! Recipe?
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I put soy yogurt, granola and chopped fruit into a tupperware pot (mine has two sections so the yogurt doesn't touch the granola until it's eating time) so I can take it with me to work.