Struggling but still determined

Options
I was off work last week so I was always going to end up eating and drinking a little more than I have been and just generally treating myself.
I have weighed myself today and following my week of indulgence and I haven't gained or lost any weight which I'm quite pleased about (I want to stress it wasn't massive indulgence but still I was a little easier on myself than normal)
Now I'm back at work and it's amazing how easy it is to slip back into old habits, I'm constantly thinking of that bacon and sausage sarnie, fish and chips etc.

I'm determined to stick to it and I've even bought some yokebe meal replacement drink (something I have never considered before) it's just so damn hard to get back on the horse.

I'm in a good place at the moment and I'm stronger than the cravings but it's still difficult.

Replies

• Dhara549
    Dhara549 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new too..So I totally get what you are saying.Sometimes I find myself visualizing that last piece of cake..lol
    What seems to work for me is fruits..I always put an apple or a few nuts i take a few if a eata little bit of healthy snack i stop thinking about the unhealthy food i drool over:)

Another thing i do is drink a little water & get up to refill my bottle.weird but seems to help.
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I totally get it, I'm the same. I always do well for a couple of weeks, then I have a weekend away, or a big night out, and I'm back to over indulging a little, so I've been losing and gaining the same couple of pounds and I'm struggling to break the cycle.

I've decided I'm cutting out alcohol for September, and I've joined a few challenges here (10k steps a day, lose 5lbs by end of Sep etc). I'm hoping that having to update my progress with a load of other people will help me keep focus.

As long as we're determined, we'll do it! :)
  • jdawson002
    jdawson002 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    There's a takeaway van just outside my work place and every morning when I arrive, all I can smell is lovely bacon!!

It is a nightmare having to resist that every morning but I keep telling myself to stay strong and not give in!!
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    jdawson002 wrote: »
    There's a takeaway van just outside my work place and every morning when I arrive, all I can smell is lovely bacon!!

I think I'd have to change jobs... :lol:

• leebirm
    leebirm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ha I know your pain, I walk past 3 cafes,2 subways, 2 greggs and a McDonald's every morning on my way into work, I've done well today hopefully I'll see the weight start coming off like it was before I broke up.

At lunch time I walked past a chippy and all I could smell was that kebabby goodness, I managed to hold off and stick to my wonderful corned beef sandwich :D
  • sandi_s
    sandi_s Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You are doing well by resisting. I struggle, have no will power
  • moulin7
    moulin7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Keep going. I'm back to it proper again had a few weeks where I've had crisps and chocolate as stated in my calories but healthy from today. I want the weight to start to cone off and not just stay the same