Weight loss tips

Options
LyssaRonnell
LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
What are some tips you guys can share about losing weight? These tips can be big or small. One tip I have is fill out your diary at the beginning of the day so you can have an idea of what your calories of the day are going to look like.

Replies

• sweetbug0130
    sweetbug0130 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Don't expect anything. Be happy about even the smallest losses and the tiniest NSVs. I am an all or nothing type of person when it comes to weight loss and it sabotages me. I want to lose it all right now by eating toast and then be able to eat a donut and not gain it back. It's not like that unfortunately...so...develop a healthy relationship with yourself and food and give yourself a pat on the back for choosing toast over a donut.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My tip: have patience! So many people come in here expecting to lose it all in two weeks, or have a certain deadline they're wanting to meet, and the scale isn't cooperating. You didn't gain it in a day, so you won't lose it in a day. Be forgiving of yourself. You're not always going to be perfect. Good health is a lifelong journey, it doesn't happen overnight.

Patience, grasshoppers.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    See now, if someone told me I had to pre-log my food, I would rage-quit the whole thing. I like to decide what I'm going to eat as I go. That's just me.

I would say the absolute #1 thing for me is logging food and learning from my Food Diary (before or after, doesn't matter) #2 would be to weigh myself #3 would be to get enough sleep #4 would be to get a little exercise every day - even a half hour walk helps with digestion and sleep.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Consistency is key. Not seeing results fast enough, don't change a thing. After X time (around a month), time to review things.

PATIENCE is my friend!
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys very much! I'm definitely going to use these!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Move more eat less and fuel your body by eating back calories you expend in exercise. Focus on your strength and fitness not your scale. If you work to improve your fitness the fat loss will come. If you work to lower your weight...that doesn't necessarily give you better fitness, sometimes does the opposite.