Do you let your pet sleep in bed with you?

Options

Replies

• benmullins4
    benmullins4 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Not only do I allow my two full grown black labs sleep in the bed with me; I also wake up with my legs hanging off the bed because they decide to sprawl out. That is usually when I tell them to get down, but they hop back up the second I am asleep. So spoiled!hw4hxvl4s35r.jpeg

hahaha They let us sit on their furniture!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    The kitties are free to sleep wherever they want. I have actually been really annoyed the last few months because the one who sleeps on the bed the most has been hanging out on my husband's side instead of snuggled up with me. The middle cat apparently now sleeps in the dog's crate while the dog sleeps on his bed in our room.

The dog is NOT allowed on the bed. My husband doesn't want the dog on the furniture (so no couch snuggles :'( ), but also when I have slept with the dog (60+ lbs) he likes to sprawl across my head/neck/chest which really isn't comfortable and inhibits breathing. Tonight could be an exception since he will have the cone of shame on and might freak out if he can't snuggle.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Not anymore. I used to let my dogs sleep in my bed, but there just isn't enough room for 2 adults, 2 (50+ pound) dogs, and a (15 pound) kitty to sleep comfortably. Occasionally the cat will sleep with us, but generally bed time is animal free.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Nope. Got a cat. Lock him up in the Laundry Room every night.
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    When I first started dating my current boyfriend, I lived alone and had two 50 pound Australian Shepherds who DEFINITELY slept on the bed. When we moved in together, I broke their amazing, pure, loving, hearts and kicked them out of bed.
    That lasted all of about 2 months before my boyfriend instituted a "if they behave, they can stay" policy. Needless to say, the puppies now pretty much do whatever they want.
    *rubs hands together* my plan worked perfectly . . .
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Yes...husband has to find a spot on the bed.. we ain't movin over..
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The cat, yes. The dog? NOPE. He stays on the floor. I'm not sharing my bed with a 55 pounds dog who might or might not step in mud, his poop, or pee.
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Noooope. I started my puppy sleeping in her crate for potty training reasons, and I can't even get her to stay still long enough to cuddle on the couch with me, so I can just imagine how trying to share a bed with her would go!
  • Icheatonmywife
    Icheatonmywife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    cat sleeps on the bed, my dogs sleep next to the bed, I have English mastiffs, if they were to sleep on the bed, there would no room for me..
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Minion stays with me for a while then jumps down to go play. Arch sleeps at the foot of the bed. I have rolled over and knocked him on the floor a few times. I always feel so bad! Both cats, btw.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    No. Cats are gross. They pee and poop in a box then scratch it all up under their claws. No way am I letting those germy feet all over my bed. Plus my dog and cat shed hair like crazy
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Not only do I allow my two full grown black labs sleep in the bed with me; I also wake up with my legs hanging off the bed because they decide to sprawl out. That is usually when I tell them to get down, but they hop back up the second I am asleep. So spoiled!hw4hxvl4s35r.jpeg

that lab's face! "no, no, we both fit, it's fine"
  • sohifirefly
    sohifirefly Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we let them come in on the weekend and sleep with us but during the week we don't. I have 2 dogs and they take the whole bed! I'm trying to convince my boyfriend that we just need a bigger bed. We have a king right now. b4ey9m96223d.jpg
    mal.jpg 106.4K
  • MicahPsencik
    MicahPsencik Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Nope, they hog the bed, pee the bed, and snore...like having 3 of my exwifes
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I try but my cats are *kitten*.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Of course! I would spend the entire night fighting with them otherwise and besides who doesn't love that sweet little furry body snuggled close to them. Hubby and I fight over who "gets" to have which cat snuggled up with them.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    My cat lets me sleep in the bed, if I am lucky I might even get to use the pillow. He totally runs the household.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Our 3 cats take up a third of a king size bed. My OH keeps her half. I get to sleep along the beading at edge of the mattress.

I consider myself lucky.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    nope i move around way too much they would leave in no time