What on earth do you do when .....

Options
MaryLuvsTheLamb
MaryLuvsTheLamb Posts: 98 Member
edited August 2016 in Motivation and Support
Ok, so I weighed myself this morning and I usually get on the scale 5-6 times to be sure. Well, I got as low as 254.2 up to 257. Which one am I suppose to go by? What would you do? The more I weighed myself the higher it got.

Replies

• jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Weigh your self once
    OR
    Average it out
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    ha. My scale does that too. The first weight is always the highest on my scale. I always take the lowest number. :lol:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Enter them all in to Weightgrapher.com
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I make myself only get on once.

But I will say that I bought a scale that doesn't vary so widely with the range.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    My scale is pretty good with repeat attempts giving the same number. When it doesn't, I know the batteries are going.
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I agree with @slim1. I get on once, and only once.

I had gotten into the habit of weighing multiple times in the off-chance of getting a lower number, but it finally dawned on me that the weight on my scale is just one of several ways to gauge my process/progress.

The idea of NSV (non-scale victories) was liberating!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once, record the number. Take an average of your weight over the week and just compare week to week averages.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I weighed myself this morning and I usually get on the scale 5-6 times to be sure. Well, I got as low as 254.2 up to 257. Which one am I suppose to go by? What would you do? The more I weighed myself the higher it got.

Were these readings you stepping on the scale and off and right back on or was time passing between weight readings?

If it is all immeditely following each other change the battery or get a new scale. There is something wrong with your scale.

If there was time between taking the readings- stop weighing more than once a day. Choose one time and do it at that one time every day. Your weight is going to fluctuate naturally during the day. It is normal to weigh more as the day goes on. People usually are advised to weigh first thing in the morning after using the toilet and before eating and drinking.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Weigh yourself once, record the number. Take an average of your weight over the week and just compare week to week averages.

This. And take measurements of waist hips butt etc. I found lately the scale not down but measurements are. And that's main thing.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Since the first time is the lowest, weigh only once and go with that. It's just a data point that you trend over time.