Ab wheels of fun!... or not fun! but work your entire core challenge

Options
rnam32
rnam32 Posts: 1 Member
September through December 2016! My once a week workout partner has been killing me with ab wheel roll outs in-between our weight lifting sets for the last three weeks. We do 100 to 150 by the time it's all said and done. (I curse him on Wed. when I wake up!) We do them every Tuesday. Start with two sets of 15 than move on to a weight lifting set. My Tuesday happens to be a Back day.. Lat pull downs, up right rows, overhead rows, pull ups, ect.. Each set is 8-12 reps for 4 sets, typically 4-5 exercises. .. we start with 10 ab wheels between each rep and end up a 5 between each rep. (so one weightlifting set could usually do 40 ab wheels and than drop it down to 5 in between each rep once fatigue starts setting in. (fatigue sets in around 80 ab wheels). My challenge is to do the ab wheel torture 2-3 times a week. 1st challenge goal would be 150 on Tuesdays and 150 on Thursdays. (split them up however you like) Sunday bonus 100 if my sat cross fit workout didn't destroy me. 2nd part of this goal is to roll down further.. I'm not bad but want to be able reach the floor with my nose and pull myself back up with my core. Doing these from my knees! You could reasonably split them up and do 30-40 a day over the course of a week. (300-400 weekly goal) No ab wheel at home.. no worries.. just do an ab walk out from your feet or knees. (starting like a downward dog position). New to ab wheeling! do what you can and increase your goals reps weekly, Join me if you want to wake up sore.. (that good kinda sore, where you know you earned it!). Your core will thank you!