Hit my goal!

Options
2»

Replies

• damiansinc
    damiansinc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That is incredible. Thank you for sharing your story. Do you mind telling me your age? I am 43 and I fear - although I know the fear is baseless - I will never be below 200lbs again. I started at 6'1" about 245ish. I've been counting religiously for about five weeks now.

Hey man. I am 39. There are a bunch of posters in the Maintain Weight section who's words really resonated with me. To summarize you need to take the emotion out of it. It's just a formula. For me I needed to stop thinking about stress, age, time, etc and just say...if I eat 500 calories less per day I'll lose a pound a week. So if you stick with it you'll do it regardless of age.
  • damiansinc
    Options
    @m_offer63 I honest to goodness ate whatever I could. I was just religious about accurately logging when I could. Ordered a food scale. Sometime I found food combinations that worked and I ate them over and over. Boring I know, but I knew I could be consistent.

And here was the real important thing for me. I HAD to have a meal a week where I ate whatever I wanted. Some days I went on an extra long walk to account for it. Others I didn't. I just never let it get me down. I tried to just make it a part of the program. I even had two small vacation trips in there where I decided to not track a thing. Man it was tough to see the weight up when I got back, but when I went back to the plan it was usually water weight and was gone in a couple days.

I hope this helps. Gah. I'm no guru. I just got fed up being fat and sad.mim still sad, but not as fat. So, one side down.
  • damiansinc
    Options
    pigelet wrote: »
    Sorry about your wife! She'd be so proud and your son gets to have a healthy daddy!

Good Luck with maintenance. You look phenomenal!

Thank you.
  • damiansinc
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and increased health! I know from first hand experience that the health and well being of the surviving parent, matters a great deal to the child left behind. My father was 61 and I was 15 when my mother unexpectedly passed away, and while our sadness never fully went away, his health allowed us to take several road trips around Europe, participate in all sorts of social events with friends, and even achieve a personal dream of buying a racehorse.

Here is hoping that you find peace and happiness in your new normal. All the best to you!

Thank you so much for this. I'm doing the best I can for the little guy. Definitely a new normal.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I congratulate you.
  • torrielewis1991
    torrielewis1991 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • thatboyjosh73
    thatboyjosh73 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome man..I'm 6'3 285 and I need to drop to 220 to enlist in the Air Force. What sort of calorie deficit did you try to aim for ? I was at 327 just a few months ago so I am losing at a decent rate but would love to get more advice/tips.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Wow! MFP Rockstar! <3
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting your goal ..an inspiring success..just goes to show ..keep at it day after day be consistent and you'll get there ..Bravo

And loving very handsome btw ;)
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Way to go.
  • damiansinc
    Options
    Awesome man..I'm 6'3 285 and I need to drop to 220 to enlist in the Air Force. What sort of calorie deficit did you try to aim for ? I was at 327 just a few months ago so I am losing at a decent rate but would love to get more advice/tips.

Sounds like you are doing great already! I usually stayed between 1,500-1,800 calories a day. I've increased a lot recently to slow down. Overall I found if I got grumpy with my son it was one of two things: I either didn't sleep enough or I was eating too few calories. So I tended to follow my body and eat more on some days than others. Overall though I tried to stay about 1000 calories down a day. I think this is a touch easier for bigger guys since our starting calories are so high.

• damiansinc
    Options
    And loving very handsome btw ;)

Awww...thanks.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work! I'm sure your son is proud of his Dad. Keep up the excellent job - you look great!
  • damiansinc
    edited September 2016
    Options
    pandora721 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your hard work! I'm sure your son is proud of his Dad. Keep up the excellent job - you look great!

Thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!