question for those that tan

Options
speedfreak75
speedfreak75 Posts: 81 Member
So i love going to the tanning salon but don't love smelling like one lol. anyone have a lotion they like that doesn't either smell like a woman or absolutely stink?

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Coppertone smells like the beach :-) I tan outside, not sure if beds require a different type of lotion.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Coppertone smells like the beach :-) I tan outside, not sure if beds require a different type of lotion.

Definitely a different lotion for indoor v outdoor. I have been too many years out of the industry to remember particular names (they have probably changed by now), but several major lotion manufacturers had scentless lotions.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    So i love going to the tanning salon but don't love smelling like one lol. anyone have a lotion they like that doesn't either smell like a woman or absolutely stink?

I work at a tanning salon : ) The better quality the lotion the less after tan smell there will be. The smell is actually coming from the proteins and sugars found in your body. The more protein you consume the stronger the smell! Weird huh?
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    jubznk17sjpw.jpeg

This is one of my absolute favorites. Eliminates any smell and has a lot of anti aging and moisturizing ingredients.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I use LA express, you can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond, Harmon or Ulta. They make one with a bronzer and one without. Not too heavy of a smell. My husband uses it and he's pretty particular. The smell is strong when I first get out of the bed but fades pretty fast.

@JessicaJS23 that is so interesting about the proteins. I would love to work in a tanning salon.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    Shells918 wrote: »
    I use LA express, you can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond, Harmon or Ulta. They make one with a bronzer and one without. Not too heavy of a smell. My husband uses it and he's pretty particular. The smell is strong when I first get out of the bed but fades pretty fast.

@JessicaJS23 that is so interesting about the proteins. I would love to work in a tanning salon.

It's a fun job that's for sure! I've been there part time almost 8 years and don't ever really get tired of it. Plus Free tanning and spray tanning lol. Saves me $!
    There's actually a lot of interesting science type stuff we get to learn about ...tanning in general ...and also all the lotions. Every year we go to classes to learn about all the new ones and have to learn the ingredients along with what they do and how they do it.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    That's great. We usually go for a month before we go away. It definitely gets expensive. I've never gotten a spray tan, but I might have to try one for a wedding next spring.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    Shells918 wrote: »
    That's great. We usually go for a month before we go away. It definitely gets expensive. I've never gotten a spray tan, but I might have to try one for a wedding next spring.

I love spray tans.. They take a little upkeep/ work if you continuously get them but they have come such a long way over the years. If you do get it make sure to do it atleast a day before the event if not two. Or do a test run the month before : ) to make sure you like it.
    The salon I work for is a chain and we are in a small town. I have customers that come in and I'm shocked at what they pay in bigger city's. I guess because the economy here isn't the best they keep the prices lower. It's crazy.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    Hempz products are amazing!! I've never tried the tanning lotion itself because we've never carried it but we do sell the mosisturizers and I buy their hair products from the beauty supply store!
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

I work at a tanning salon : ) The better quality the lotion the less after tan smell there will be. The smell is actually coming from the proteins and sugars found in your body. The more protein you consume the stronger the smell! Weird huh?

This must be why I always smell awesome.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    itv27e8hj3ho.jpeg

Just to show ya I ain't *kitten* kissin B)
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    uwwvh4en77ht.jpeg

Yep. I was just going to say the "Hemp" line had a tanning lotion.
    I honestly go home and shower. I feel yuck after...they dont pay their employees enough to do a good job cleaning the beds.
    Its a routine in the winter. Workout/Tan 2 'xs a week and then shower.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    We get paid enough... If you don't feel the beds are clean where you go call the local health department. They will get a suprise inspection and be fined if they find smudges even. Sometimes people are lazy about it and that's a real wake up call.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    OP posted a racist thread...:trollface:
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Real tanner here no clue on fake n bake no offense intended to op
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    We get paid enough... If you don't feel the beds are clean where you go call the local health department. They will get a suprise inspection and be fined if they find smudges even. Sometimes people are lazy about it and that's a real wake up call.

I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean that bad. They usually let me clean it first.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options

I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean that bad. They usually let me clean it first.

No you didn't offend me. You really should complain if they aren't keeping them clean. You shouldn't have to do it yourself first unless you want to : )
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    Real tanner here no clue on fake n bake no offense intended to op

UVA and UVB is UVA and UVB. There's not such thing as fake. You get the same results.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Natural a better term?