Hoping to lose atleast 35 pounds

Options
I've lost 20lbs in the past but lately I've gained it all back. I'm just really lacking motivation and now that I'm in between jobs I find myself going to the store anytime I have a craving. My cravings are my downfall and lack of motivation, I just really need help getting motivated

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I used to hope I could find motivation to lose weight too, and waited eagerly for it to happen. My cravings were massive and became more massive the more I acted on them. Then I figured out that nothing happens until I make it happen. I made a plan, and stopped buying trigger foods. Then I decided I needed an even better plan than before so I wouldn't regain as usual. I lost 50 pounds and have kept them off for 22 months while in MFP.
  • Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Motivation isn't the problem. To lose weight and keep it off requires discipline and habit. Commit to 1 month. You will faithfully log and weigh your food entries every day. See how much progress you made. Then commit to another month and so on. As for your cravings, tell yourself the only way your getting whatever it is you're wanting at the time, is if you walk there. Hopefully, the store is far enough away that it changes your mind. Good luck and much success on your journey!