Quest Bars?

Options
13»

Replies

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Haven't jumped on the Quest wagon yet, but tried the Oh Yeah! One Birthday Cake bar yesterday, and it tastes like those Mother's frosted animal cookies :) 220cals/24carb/7fat/21protein. 1g of sugar
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Haven't jumped on the Quest wagon yet, but tried the Oh Yeah! One Birthday Cake bar yesterday, and it tastes like those Mother's frosted animal cookies :) 220cals/24carb/7fat/21protein. 1g of sugar

Sounds good! Are they filling?
  • LoriDeeFit50
    LoriDeeFit50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love my Quest Bars -try the new oatmeal chocolate chip flavor.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I used to eat Quest bars before adopting a plant-based diet. They're good. My all-time favorite (which is a limited edition seasonal one) was the pumpkin spice one. It had a different texture than the original bars. More of a wafer cookie and rice crispies texture. In the original line, my favorites were Cookies n Cream, S'Mores, and Cookie Dough. Drink water with them. I guess with the density of them the water helps them expand in your stomach and you'll feel full longer. I used to eat one as breakfast when I was in a rush.
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the cinnamon roll. Love that one. I eat them when I'm on the run....if I know I'll be hungry but can't eat anything real for a while. Between work at the gym, for example.

The fiber.... when I first started eating Quest bars, I had to also pop a few GasXs, hahaha. But at some point, I don't know, my body got used to them. No longer an issue.
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oh and hey.... if you are a fan of Quest bars, great sale at GNC.com for labor day weekend. Buy one get one 50% off plus free shipping. Good way to stock up
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I bounce between Quest and Combat Crunch bars. I think the best flavors are a completely individual thing. I like the Lemon Cream Pie, White Chocolate Raspberry, and Coconut Cashew in the Quest bars.

Exactly this. Everyone always raves about Cookies & Cream, but the one time I had it (I usually buy a case or two off Amazon, and many vendors there sell variety packs) it was nasty.
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Oh and hey.... if you are a fan of Quest bars, great sale at GNC.com for labor day weekend. Buy one get one 50% off plus free shipping. Good way to stock up

Thanks for this tip! Just took the opportunity to stock up!
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a problem with less than ideal ingredients (ie, not all natural) - then they are pretty good for losing weight and keeping protein high. I used to eat them and loved the Cookie's n Cream and S'mores kind.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I am not an advocate of protein bars or energy bars like Clif, Kind, Kashi, etc. I often times call them “candy bars on steroids”!

Most are loaded with artificial ingredients and sugars.

However, I did happen to find a brand of bars that definitely passes a high standard of nutrition! I researched and I tasted and I would recommend this for a snack on the go, a quick fuel before a work out or in-between workouts, an evening snack to beat those cravings and it’s portable, easy to eat on those road trips, hikes, bike rides, etc.

It is called: SimplyProtein Bar. They have protein bars, protein chips, protein crunch (like granola), and SimplyNourish Bars for sensitive stomachs. They also offer SimplyProtein bars for children.

The bars, chips and crunch are non-GMO, Gluten Free, Certified Low GI (diabetes friendly), Certified Kosher, Certified with adequate Iron and Vegan.

The bars contain 140 to 150 calories in one bar. 15g of protein, 7g of fiber and only 1g of natural sugar.

There are only 10 (clean) ingredients in their bars and are all natural, nothing artificial, no fake sugar.

The digestive bars are impressive. Designed similar to above, they are also suitable for those with Chron’s, IBS and Colitis – Containing NO fructose, lactose, sugar alc., inulin, soy, wheat or dairy.

Here is a link to the website: http://simplyprotein.com/
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    LUHAN27 wrote: »

Sounds good! Are they filling?

They keep me full :)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I am not an advocate of protein bars or energy bars like Clif, Kind, Kashi, etc. I often times call them “candy bars on steroids”!

Most are loaded with artificial ingredients and sugars.

However, I did happen to find a brand of bars that definitely passes a high standard of nutrition! I researched and I tasted and I would recommend this for a snack on the go, a quick fuel before a work out or in-between workouts, an evening snack to beat those cravings and it’s portable, easy to eat on those road trips, hikes, bike rides, etc.

It is called: SimplyProtein Bar. They have protein bars, protein chips, protein crunch (like granola), and SimplyNourish Bars for sensitive stomachs. They also offer SimplyProtein bars for children.

The bars, chips and crunch are non-GMO, Gluten Free, Certified Low GI (diabetes friendly), Certified Kosher, Certified with adequate Iron and Vegan.

The bars contain 140 to 150 calories in one bar. 15g of protein, 7g of fiber and only 1g of natural sugar.

There are only 10 (clean) ingredients in their bars and are all natural, nothing artificial, no fake sugar.

The digestive bars are impressive. Designed similar to above, they are also suitable for those with Chron’s, IBS and Colitis – Containing NO fructose, lactose, sugar alc., inulin, soy, wheat or dairy.

Here is a link to the website: http://simplyprotein.com/

Crohn's not Chron's and they have too much fiber for most Crohn's and colitis patients. Those would kill me.